Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Clinical presentation, etiology, and outcome of infective endocarditis in the 21st century: The International Collaboration on Endocarditis-Prospective Cohort Study.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 463-473
- Management considerations in infective endocarditis: a review.JAMA. 2018; 320: 72-83
- Neurological complications of infective endocarditis: risk factors, outcome, and impact of cardiac surgery: a multicenter observational study.Circulation. 2013; 127: 2272-2284
- Impact of cerebrovascular complications on mortality and neurologic outcome during infective endocarditis: a prospective multicentre study.Eur Heart J. 2007; 28: 1155-1161
- Infective endocarditis in adults: diagnosis, antimicrobial therapy, and management of complications: a scientific statement for healthcare professionals from the american heart association.Circulation. 2015; 132: 1435-1486
- 2015 ESC Guidelines for the management of infective endocarditis: the Task Force for the Management of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by: European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS), the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM).Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 3075-3128
- Infective endocarditis due to Staphylococcus aureus: deleterious effect of anticoagulant therapy.Arch Intern Med. 1999; 159: 473-475
- Warfarin therapy and incidence of cerebrovascular complications in left-sided native valve endocarditis.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2011; 30: 151-157
- Usefulness of anticoagulant therapy in the prevention of embolic complications in patients with acute infective endocarditis.Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014254187
- Proposed modifications to the Duke criteria for the diagnosis of infective endocarditis.Clin Infect Dis. 2000; 30: 633-638
- Apache II: a severity of disease classification system.Crit Care Med. 1985; 13: 818-829
- International prospective study of Klebsiella pneumoniae bacteremia: implications of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase production in nosocomial infections.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 140: 26-32
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Improved reliability of the NIH Stroke Scale using video training. NINDS TPA Stroke Study Group.Stroke. 1994; 25: 2220-2226
- Repeat endocarditis: analysis of risk factors based on the International Collaboration on Endocarditis - Prospective Cohort Study.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014; 20: 566-575
- Intracranial haemorrhage in infective endocarditis.Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2018; 111: 712-721
- Prosthetic valve endocarditis: What is the evidence for anticoagulant therapy?.Intern Med J. 2011; 41: 795-797
- The relationship between the initiation of antimicrobial therapy and the incidence of stroke in infective endocarditis: an analysis from the ICE Prospective Cohort Study (ICE-PCS).Am Heart J. 2007; 154: 1086-1094
- Infective endocarditis in intravenous drug users: a review article.Postgrad Med J. 2016; 92: 105-111
- The oral health of seniors in Brazil: addressing the consequences of a historic lack of public health dentistry in an unequal society.Gerodontology. 2015; 32: 18-27
- Staphylococcus aureus native valve infective endocarditis: report of 566 episodes from the International Collaboration on Endocarditis Merged Database.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 41: 507-514
- The risk of stroke and death in patients with aortic and mitral valve endocarditis.Am Heart J. 2001; 142: 75-80
- Native valve endocarditis due to coagulase-negative staphylococci: report of 99 episodes from the International Collaboration on Endocarditis Merged Database.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 39: 1527-1530
- Prosthetic valve endocarditis due to coagulase-negative staphylococci: Findings from the International Collaboration on Endocarditis Merged Database.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2006; 25: 365-368
- Hospitalizations for endocarditis and associated health care costs among persons with diagnosed drug dependence - North Carolina, 2010-2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 569-573
Conflict of Interest: JEP owns common stock in Pfizer Pharmaceuticals. KAD, GH, AP, WAT, and DM have nothing to disclose.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.