Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Anatomy of open access publishing: a study of longitudinal development and internal structure.BMC Med. 2012; 10: 124
- Wellcome Trust Open Access Policy.(Available at:)https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/guidance/open-accessDate accessed: October 26, 2018
- Citation advantage of open access articles.PLoS Biol. 2006; 4: e157
- Open access publishing, article downloads, and citations: randomised controlled trial.BMJ. 2008; 337: a568
- Dimensions. Home page.(Available at:)https://www.dimensions.ai/Date accessed: August 13, 2018
- Publishing trends of journals with manuscripts in PubMed Central: changes from 2008-2009 to 2015-2016.J Med Libr Assoc. 2018; 106: 445-454
Funding: RP is supported by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute T32 postdoctoral training grant (T32HL069771).
Conflict of Interest: MV is supported by the KL2/Catalyst Medical Research Investigator Training award from Harvard Catalyst/The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center (National Institutes of Health/National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences Award UL 1TR002541), and serves on advisory boards for Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer AG, and Baxter Healthcare. DLB discloses the following relationships - Advisory Board: Cardax, Elsevier Practice Update Cardiology, Medscape Cardiology, Regado Biosciences; Board of Directors: Boston VA Research Institute, Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, TobeSoft; Chair: American Heart Association Quality Oversight Committee; Data Monitoring Committees: Baim Institute for Clinical Research (formerly Harvard Clinical Research Institute, for the PORTICO trial, funded by St. Jude Medical, now Abbott), Cleveland Clinic, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Mayo Clinic, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Population Health Research Institute; Honoraria: American College of Cardiology (Senior Associate Editor, Clinical Trials and News, ACC.org; Vice-Chair, ACC Accreditation Committee), Baim Institute for Clinical Research (formerly Harvard Clinical Research Institute; RE-DUAL PCI clinical trial steering committee funded by Boehringer Ingelheim), Belvoir Publications (Editor in Chief, Harvard Heart Letter), Duke Clinical Research Institute (clinical trial steering committees), HMP Global (Editor in Chief, Journal of Invasive Cardiology), Journal of the American College of Cardiology (Guest Editor; Associate Editor), Population Health Research Institute (COMPASS clinical trial steering committee funded by Bayer), Slack Publications (Chief Medical Editor, Cardiology Today’s Intervention), Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (Secretary/Treasurer), WebMD (CME steering committees); Other: Clinical Cardiology (Deputy Editor), National Cardiovascular Data Registry-ACTION Registry Steering Committee (Chair), Veterans Affairs Clinical Assessment Reporting and Tracking Research and Publications Committee (Chair); Research Funding: Abbott, Amarin, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Chiesi, Eisai, Ethicon, Forest Laboratories, Idorsia, Ironwood, Ischemix, Lilly, Medtronic, PhaseBio, Pfizer, Regeneron, Roche, Sanofi Aventis, Synaptic, The Medicines Company; Royalties: Elsevier (Editor, Cardiovascular Intervention: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease); Site Co-Investigator: Biotronik, Boston Scientific, St. Jude Medical (now Abbott), Svelte; Trustee: American College of Cardiology; Unfunded Research: FlowCo, Merck, Novo Nordisk, PLx Pharma, Takeda. ROB serves as the Editor-in-Chief of JAMA Cardiology. The other authors report no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and had a role in writing the manuscript.