Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Systematic review of patients presenting with suspected myocardial infarction and nonobstructive coronary arteries.Circulation. 2015; 131: 861-870
- Risk factors for myocardial infarction with normal coronary arteries and myocarditis compared with myocardial infarction with coronary artery stenosis.Angiology. 2012; 63: 500-503
- Characteristics and outcomes of patients with acute myocardial infarction and angiographically normal coronary arteries.Am J Cardiol. 2005; 95: 261-326
- Risk factors and markers for acute myocardial infarction with angiographically normal coronary arteries.Am J Cardiol. 2015; 116: 838-844
- Effect of myocardial infarction with nonobstructive coronary arteries on physical capacity and quality-of-life.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 120: 341-346
- Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case-control study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 937-952
- Association of specific overt behavior pattern with blood and cardiovascular findings.J Am Med Assoc. 1959; 169: 1286-1296
- Effects of an angry temperament on coronary heart disease risk: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study.Am J Epidemiol. 2001; 154: 230-235
- The association of anger and hostility with future coronary heart disease. A meta-analytic review of prospective evidence.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 936-946
- Triggering of acute coronary occlusion by episodes of anger.Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2015; 4: 493-498
- Triggering of acute myocardial infarction onset by episodes of anger.Circulation. 1995; 92: 1720-1725
- A short rating scale as a potential measure of pattern A behavior.J Chronic Dis. 1969; 22: 87-91
- Components of type A behavior and two-year prognosis of patients with acute coronary syndrome.Psychol Rep. 2001; 89: 467-475
- The psychometric properties of the Bortner type A scale.Br J Psychol. 1990; 81: 315-333
- Factor structure of the State-Trait Anger Expression Inventory.J Pers Assess. 1997; 69: 497-507
- Anger proneness predicts coronary heart disease risk: prospective analysis from the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.Circulation. 2000; 101: 2034-2039
- Assessment of type A behaviour by the Bortner scale and ischaemic heart disease. The Belgian-French pooling project.Eur Heart J. 1984; 5: 440-446
- Type A personality, stress, anxiety and health locus of control in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Psychiatr Danub. 2016; 28: 409-414
- Type A personality and mortality: competitiveness but not speed is associated with increased risk.Atherosclerosis. 2017; 262: 19-24
- Type A behaviour in patients with chest pain: test-retest reliability and psychometric correlates of Bortner scale.J Psychosom Res. 1984; 28: 289-300
- Hostility, anger control, and anger expression as predictors of cardiovascular disease.Psychosom Med. 2010; 72: 556-562
- The revised Illness Perception Questionnaire (IPQ-R).Psychol Health. 2002; 17: 1-16
- Illness perceptions among cardiac patients: relation to depressive symptomatology and sex.J Psychopathol Behav Assess. 2005; 59: 153-160
- Self-efficacy and health status in patients with coronary heart disease: findings from the heart and soul study.Psychosom Med. 2007; 69: 306-312
- Type D personality is associated with the development of stress cardiomyopathy following emotional triggers.Ann Behav Med. 2013; 45: 299-307
- Psychiatric history, post-discharge distress, and personality characteristics among incident female cases of takotsubo cardiomyopathy: a case-control study.Heart Lung. 2016; 45: 503-509
- Socioeconomic position and incidence of acute myocardial infarction: a meta-analysis.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2011; 65: 301-309
- Usefulness of Bortner rating scale in the measurement of type A behaviour pattern.Indian J Psychiatry. 1987; 29: 373-376
- Relationship between type A behavior pattern and mental and physical symptoms: a comparison of global and component measures.J Appl Psychol. 1991; 76: 276-290
- Meta-analyses of prospective studies on coronary heart disease, type A personality, and hostility.Int J Cardiol. 2001; 79: 245-251
Funding: This study was funded by the Swedish Heart and Lung Foundation.
Conflict of Interest: The authors have no competing interests to report. The study was performed in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki and good clinical practice and was approved by the Stockholm Ethics Committee. Informed consent was obtained from all individual participants included in the study.
Authorship: All authors participated in the research and preparation of the manuscript.