Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A study of 49 patients with acute spinal extradural abscess.Paraplegia. 1973; 10: 285-288
- Spinal epidural abscess.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 2012-2020
- Medical vs surgical management of spinal epidural abscess.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 2409-2412
- Spinal epidural abscess–experience with 46 patients and evaluation of prognostic factors.J Infect. 2002; 45: 76-81
- Comparison of operative and nonoperative management of spinal epidural abscess: a retrospective review of clinical and laboratory predictors of neurological outcome.J Neurosurg Spine. 2013; 19: 119-127
- Spinal epidural abscesses: risk factors, medical versus surgical management, a retrospective review of 128 cases.Spine J. 2014; 14: 326-330
- Spinal epidural abscess: a ten-year perspective.Neurosurgery. 1990; 27: 177-184
- Spinal epidural abscess: a diagnostic challenge.Br J Neurosurg. 2003; 17: 160-163
- Spinal epidural abscess: a report of 40 cases and review.Surg Neurol. 1992; 38: 225-231
- Spinal epidural abscesses: clinical manifestations, prognostic factors, and outcomes.Neurosurgery. 2002; 51 (discussion 86-87): 79-85
- Spontaneous spinal epidural abscess in patients 50 years of age and older: a 15-year institutional perspective and review of the literature: clinical article.J Neurosurg Spine. 2014; 20: 344-349
- Medical malpractice following spinal epidural abscess: a 30-year, multi-database investigation.Spine J. 2017; 17: S102-S103
- Cauda equina syndrome: a comprehensive review.Am J Orthop. 2008; 37: 556-562
- Cauda equina syndrome: a review of the current clinical and medico-legal position.Eur Spine J. 2011; 20: 690-697
- Medical realities of cauda equina syndrome secondary to lumbar disc herniation.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25 (discussion 352): 348-351
- Cauda equina syndrome secondary to lumbar disc herniation.Neurosurgery. 1993; 32 (discussion 746-747): 743-746
- Cauda equina syndrome: factors affecting long-term functional and sphincteric outcome.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007; 32: 207-216
- Is post-void bladder scan a useful adjunct to the clinical examination for prediction of cauda equine syndrome?.Spine J. 2017; 17: S7
- Prognosis after spinal cord and cauda compression in spontaneous spinal epidural hematomas.Neurology. 2015; 84: 1894-1903
- Acute nontraumatic spinal epidural hematomas. An important differential diagnosis in spinal emergencies.Spine. 1998; 23: 1810-1813
- Spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma: a retrospective study on prognostic factors and review of the literature.Korean J Spine. 2011; 8: 272-282
- Acute spontaneous spinal epidural hematomas.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 1999; 20: 1365-1372
- Operative treatment of spontaneous spinal epidural hematomas: a study of the factors determining postoperative outcome.Neurosurgery. 1996; 39 (discussion 508-509): 494-508
- Experience in the surgical management of spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma.J Neurosurg. 2004; 100: 38-45
- Spinal epidural hematoma after pain control procedure.J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 2010; 48: 281-284
- Spinal epidural hematoma.JAMA. 1976; 235: 513-515
- Surgical management of spinal epidural hematoma: relationship between surgical timing and neurological outcome.J Neurosurg. 1995; 83: 1-7
- Clinical management for spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma: diagnosis and treatment.Spine J. 2008; 8: 534-537
- [Epidural regional anesthesia and low molecular heparin: Pro].Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther. 1993; 28 ([in German]): 179-181
- Spinal and epidural hematoma and low-molecular-weight heparin.N Engl J Med. 1998; 338: 1774-1775
- Spinal epidural hematoma.Neurosurg Q. 2004; 14: 51-59
- Preoperative neurological status in predicting surgical outcome of spinal epidural hematomas.Surg Neurol. 1981; 15: 389-401
- The syndrome of spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma. Report of three cases.J Neurosurg. 1967; 26: 334-342
- Spinal epidural haematoma; factors influencing outcome.Br J Neurosurg. 2013; 27: 712-717
Funding: No funding was provided for this project.
Conflict of Interest: JB and SP have no conflicts of interest to report. MP: Paid consultant, Globus Medical, Stryker, Spineart; Medical advisory board, Stimlabs. AD: paid consultant, Depuy, a Johnson & Johnson Company, Globus Medical, Orthofix, Inc., SpineArt, Stryker; research support, Orthofix, Inc., publishing royalties, Springer.
Authorship: All authors had access to data and were essential in the writing of this manuscript.