Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Immortal time bias in pharmaco-epidemiology.Am J Epidemiol. 2008; 167: 492-499
- Requiem for liberalizing indications for vena caval filters?.Circulation. 2016; 133: 1992-1994
- Thrombolytics and vena cava filters decrease mortality in patients with unstable pulmonary embolism.Am J Med. 2012; 125: 429-430
Premier Inc. Premier healthcare database whitepaper. Available at: https://learn.premierinc.com/pharmacy-and.../premier-healthcare-database-whitepaper . Accessed February 17, 2017.
- Problem of immortal time bias in cohort studies: example using statins for preventing progression of diabetes.BMJ. 2010; 340: b5087
- Evaluation of response-time data involving transient states: an illustration using heart-transplant data.J Am Statist Assoc. 1974; 69: 81-86
- Massive pulmonary embolism.Circulation. 2006; 113: 577-582
- Impact of vena cava filters on in-hospital case fatality rate from pulmonary embolism.Am J Med. 2012; 125: 478-484
- Usefulness of inferior vena cava filters in unstable patients with acute pulmonary embolism and patients who underwent pulmonary embolectomy.Am J Cardiol. 2018; 121: 495-500
- Effectiveness of inferior vena cava filters on mortality as an adjuvant to antithrombotic therapy.Am J Med. 2015; (128:312): e23-e31
- Impact of inferior vena cava filter placement on short-term outcomes in patients with acute pulmonary embolism.Ann Vasc Surg. 2017; 42: 71-77
- Inferior vena cava filters to prevent pulmonary embolism: systematic review and meta-analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 1587-1597
- Investigating the benefit of adding a vena cava filter to anticoagulation with fondaparinux sodium in patients with cancer and venous thromboembolism in a prospective randomized clinical trial.Support Care Cancer. 2012; 20: 2865-2872
- A pilot study on the randomization of inferior vena cava filter placement for venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in high-risk trauma patients.J Trauma. 2011; 71: 323-328
- Prophylactic vena caval interruption in hip fractures.J Trauma. 1973; 13: 403-410
- Role of IVC filters in endovenous therapy for deep venous thrombosis: the FILTER-PEVI (Filter Implantation to Lower Thromboembolic Risk in Percutaneous Endovenous Intervention) trial.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2012; 35: 1408-1413
- A clinical trial of vena caval filters in the prevention of pulmonary embolism in patients with proximal deep-vein thrombosis. Prevention du Risque d'Embolie Pulmonaire par Interruption Cave Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1998; 338: 409-415
- Eight-year follow-up of patients with permanent vena cava filters in the prevention of pulmonary embolism: the PREPIC (Prevention du Risque d'Embolie Pulmonaire par Interruption Cave) randomized study.Circulation. 2005; 112: 416-422
- Effect of a retrievable inferior vena cava filter plus anticoagulation vs anticoagulation alone on risk of recurrent pulmonary embolism: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2015; 313: 1627-1635
- Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: chest guideline and expert panel report.Chest. 2016; 149: 315-352
- Evaluation of the predictive value of ICD-9-CM coded administrative data for venous thromboembolism in the United States.Thromb Res. 2010; 126: 61-67
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.