Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The relationship of depression to cardiovascular disease.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1998; 55: 580-592
- Prevalence of depression in survivors of acute myocardial infarction.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 30-38
- The prevalence and persistence of depression and anxiety following myocardial infarction.Br J Health Psychol. 2002; 7: 11-21
- Depression as a risk factor for poor prognosis among patients with acute coronary syndrome: systematic review and recommendations: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2014; 129: 1350-1369
- Anxiety and risk of incident coronary heart disease: a meta-analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 56: 38-46
- The relationship between depression, anxiety, and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromes.Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2010; 6: 123-136
- Systematic review of patients presenting with suspected myocardial infarction and nonobstructive coronary arteries.Circulation. 2015; 131: 861-870
- Risk factors and markers for acute myocardial infarction with angiographically normal coronary arteries.Am J Cardiol. 2015; 116: 838-844
- Ten-year mortality in the WISE study (Women's Ischemia Syndrome Evaluation).Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2017; 10
- ESC working group position paper on myocardial infarction with non-obstructive coronary arteries.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 143-153
- Clinical features and outcomes of takotsubo (stress) cardiomyopathy.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 929-938
- A case-control study of risk markers and mortality in takotsubo stress cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 1931-1936
- Effect of myocardial infarction with nonobstructive coronary arteries on physical capacity and quality-of-life.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 120: 341-346
- Myocardial infarction with normal coronary arteries is common and associated with normal findings on cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging: results from the Stockholm Myocardial Infarction with Normal Coronaries study.J Intern Med. 2013; 273: 189-196
- An inventory for measuring depression.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1961; 4: 561-571
- Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HAD): some psychometric data for a Swedish sample.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1997; 96: 281-286
- The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
- Depression after myocardial infarction is a risk factor for declining health related quality of life and increased disability and cardiac complaints at 12 months.Heart. 2006; 92: 32-39
- Comparison of the Short Form 36 and the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale measuring emotional distress in patients admitted for elective coronary angiography.Heart Lung. 2008; 37: 286-295
- Association of anxiety and depression with all-cause mortality in individuals with coronary heart disease.J Am Heart Assoc. 2013; 2e000068
- Psychological status during recovery from an acute heart attack.J Psychosom Res. 1972; 16: 425-435
- Depression and anxiety as predictors of outcome after myocardial infarction.Psychosom Med. 2000; 62: 212-219
- A confirmatory factor analysis of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale in coronary care patients following acute myocardial infarction.Psychiatry Res. 2003; 120: 85-94
- Prognostic association of anxiety post myocardial infarction with mortality and new cardiac events: a meta-analysis.Psychosom Med. 2010; 72: 563-569
- Depression as a predictor for coronary heart disease: a review and meta-analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2002; 23: 51-61
- Association of baseline anxiety with depression persistence at 6 months in patients with acute cardiac illness.Psychosom Med. 2012; 74: 93-99
- Heartache and heartbreak: the link between depression and cardiovascular disease.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2012; 9: 526-539
- Persistent depression affects adherence to secondary prevention behaviors after acute coronary syndromes.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 1178-1183
- Comparing anxiety and depression in patients with takotsubo stress cardiomyopathy to those with acute coronary syndrome.J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2016; 36: 106-111
- Pathophysiology of takotsubo syndrome.Circulation. 2017; 135: 2426-2441
- The global prevalence of common mental disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis 1980-2013.Int J Epidemiol. 2014; 43: 476-493
☆Funding: This study was supported by the Swedish Research Council, by the Swedish Heart Lung Foundation, and by a grant from the Stockholm County Council (Archaeological Research Laboratory project).
✯✯Conflict of Interest: None.
✯Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.