Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global disparities of hypertension prevalence and control.Circulation. 2016; 134: 441-450
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2016 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2016; 133: e38-e360
- 2017 ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCNA Guideline for the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.Hypertension. 2018; 71: e13-e115
- Of signal and noise: Overcoming challenges in blood pressure measurement to optimize hypertension care.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2018; 1e004543
- Clinical inertia.Ann Intern Med. 2001; 135: 825-834
- Reducing clinical inertia in hypertension treatment: a pragmatic randomized controlled trial.J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2012; 14: 322-329
- The challenge of patient adherence.Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2005; 1: 189-199
- Outpatient blood pressure monitoring using bi-directional text messaging.J Am Soc Hypertens. 2015; 9: 375-381
- Home blood pressure management and improved blood pressure control: results from a randomized controlled trial.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 1173-1180
- Self-management of hypertension using technology enabled interventions in primary care settings.Technol Health Care. 2015; 23: 119-128
- Digital interventions to promote self-management in adults with hypertension systematic review and meta-analysis.J Hypertens. 2016; 34: 600-612
- Not all texts are created equal: Design considerations for text message interventions to improve antihypertensive medication adherence.J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2017; 19: 1285-1287
- Clinical usefulness and cost effectiveness of home blood pressure telemonitoring: meta-analysis of randomized controlled studies.J Hypertens. 2013; 31 (discussion 467-468): 455-467
- Home blood pressure telemonitoring improves hypertension control in general practice. The TeleBPCare study.J Hypertens. 2009; 27: 198-203
- Effect of home blood pressure telemonitoring and pharmacist management on blood pressure control: a cluster randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2013; 310: 46-56
- Mobile phone-based remote patient monitoring system for management of hypertension in diabetic patients.Am J Hypertens. 2007; 20: 942-948
Walker W, Polk T, Hande A, Bhatia D. Remote blood pressure monitoring using a wireless sensor network. Paper presented at: 6th Annual IEEE Emerging Information Technology Conference, 2006.
- Measuring blood pressure for decision making and quality reporting: where and how many measures.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 154: 781-788
- An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis. 135. Wiley, New York, NY1996
- Self-measured blood pressure monitoring in the management of hypertension: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 159: 185-194
- Blood pressure control by home monitoring: meta-analysis of randomised trials.BMJ. 2004; 329: 145
- When and how to use self (home) and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring.J Am Soc Hypertens. 2010; 4: 56-61
- The role of home blood pressure telemonitoring for blood pressure control.Pulse (Basel). 2016; 4: 78-84
- Self-monitoring of blood pressure in hypertension: A systematic review and individual patient data meta-analysis.PLoS Med. 2017; 14e1002389
- A pharmacist-led, American Heart Association Heart360 Web-enabled home blood pressure monitoring program.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2013; 6: 157-163
- Counseling African Americans to Control Hypertension: cluster-randomized clinical trial main effects.Circulation. 2014; 129: 2044-2051
- Text messaging and protected health information: what is permitted.JAMA. 2017; 317: 2369-2370
- Self- Measured Blood Pressure Monitoring : Action Steps for Clinicians .Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, GA2014
- Role of ambulatory and home blood pressure monitoring in clinical practice: a narrative review.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: 691-700
- Barriers to conducting ambulatory and home blood pressure monitoring during hypertension screening in the United States.J Am Soc Hypertens. 2017; 11: 573-580
- Reliability of patients measuring blood pressure at home: prospective observational study.BMJ. 1999; 319: 1172
- Are self-reported telemonitored blood pressure readings affected by end-digit preference: a prospective cohort study in Scotland.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e019431
- Role of home blood pressure monitoring in overcoming therapeutic inertia and improving hypertension control.Hypertension. 2011; 57: 29-38
- Home blood pressure monitoring in the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension: a systematic review.Am J Hypertens. 2011; 24: 123-134
- Digital health innovation: a toolkit to navigate from concept to clinical testing.JMIR Cardio. 2018; 2: e2
Funding: The University of Pittsburgh Physicians Academic Foundation provided seed funding.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: Authors TI, MA, JE, and MFM were involved in the direct data analysis. All authors were involved in conceptualization of the MyBP program and directly contributed to writing and iteratively revising the manuscript.