Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
Lawrence JM, Petitti DB, Watkins M, Umekubo MA. Trends in serum folate after food fortification. Lancet. 1999(9182);354:915–916.
- Folic acid food fortification in Canada.Nutr Rev. 2004; 62: S35-S39
- Folate testing in hospital inpatients.Am J Med. 2015; 128: 56-59
- Is there a role for folate determinations in current clinical practice in the USA.Clin Lab Haematol. 2004; 26: 379-383
- Utility, charge, and cost of inpatient and emergency department serum folate testing.J Hosp Med. 2013; 8: 91-95
- Laboratory diagnosis of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency: a guide for the primary care physician.Arch Intern Med. 1999; 159: 1289-1298
- Serum and red blood cell folate testing on hospitalized patients.J Hosp Med. 2015; 10: 753-755
- Folate testing: A review of the diagnostic accuracy, clinical utility, cost-effectiveness and guidelines.CADTH: rapid response reports. 2015; : 1-37
- From discovery to design: the evolution of human factors in healthcare [special issue].Healthc Q. 2012; 15: 24-29
- Megaloblastic anemia and other causes of macrocytosis.Clin Med Res. 2006; 4: 236-241
- An effective utilization management strategy by dual approach of influencing physician ordering and gate keeping.Clin Biochem. 2016; 49: 208-212
- Impact of providing fee data on laboratory test ordering: a controlled clinical trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 903-908
- Factors contributing to inappropriate ordering of tests in an academic medical department and the effect of an educational feedback strategy.Postgrad Med J. 2006; 82: 823-829
- Testing vitamin D levels and choosing wisely.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1019-1020
- Changing physicians’ behavior: what works and thoughts on getting more things to work.J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2002; 22: 237-243
- Evidence for the effectiveness of techniques to change physician behavior.Chest. 2000; 118: 8S-17S
- Changing physician behavior: what works.Am J Manag Care. 2015; 21: 75-84
- From evidence to best practice in laboratory medicine.Clin Biochem Rev. 2013; 34: 47-60
- Early trends among seven recommendations from the Choosing Wisely Campaign.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1913-1920
- To err is human: building a safer health system.in: Kohn LT Corrigan JM Donaldson MS To err is human: building a safer health system. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2000
- Some unintended consequences of clinical decision support systems.AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2007; 11: 26-30
Dixon-Woods M, McNicol S, Martin G. Ten challenges in improving quality in healthcare: lessons from the Health Foundation's programme evaluations and relevant literature. BMJ Qual Saf. 2012(10);21:876–884.
- Costs of inpatient medications: do dispensing and nursing fees lead to overestimates.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1881-1882
- Eliminating creatine kinase-myocardial band testing in suspected acute coronary syndrome: a value-based quality improvement.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 1508-1512
- Magnitude of potentially inappropriate thrombophilia testing in the inpatient hospital setting.J Hosp Med. 2017; 12: 735-738
- REDucing Unnecessary Coagulation Testing in the Emergency Department (REDUCED).BMJ Qual Improv Rep. 2017; 6 (w8161)u221651
- Reduction in unnecessary clinical laboratory testing through utilization management at a US government Veterans Affairs hospital.Am J Clin Pathol. 2016; 145: 355-364
✯✯Conflicts of Interest: None.
✯Authorship: Dr. MacMillan takes full responsibility for the work as a whole, including the study design, access to data, and the decision to submit and publish the manuscript. All authors contributed to the writing and revising of the manuscript.