In 2017, the US Food and Drug Administration approved 46 novel drugs, and 29 drugs received newly approved indications. This record setting year was due in part to the new expedited review pathways. A review of these drugs is summarized.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Novel drug approvals for 2017 [Internet].(Silver Spring: U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Available at:)https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/DrugInnovation/ucm537040.htmDate accessed: February 25, 2018
- 2017 new drug therapy approvals [Internet].(Silver Spring: U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Available at:)https://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFDA/CentersOffices/OfficeofMedicalProductsandTobacco/CDER/ReportsBudgets/UCM591976.pdfDate accessed: February 25, 2018
- 2017 FDA approved drugs [Internet].(Boston: CenterWatch; Available at:)https://www.centerwatch.com/drug-information/fda-approved-drugs/year/2017Date accessed: February 25, 2018
- 2017: a year of accomplishment [Internet].(Washington: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; Available at:)https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/hhs-end-of-year-accomplishments-2017.pdfDate accessed: February 25, 2018
Published online: April 04, 2018Pharmacology Series Editor, Rhonda M. Cooper-DeHoff, PharmD, MS
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: Both authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.
© 2018 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.