Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: present and future, with transition into contemporary cardiovascular medicine.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 83-99
- Prognostic valve of quantitative contrast-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance for the evaluation of sudden death risk in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Circulation. 2014; 130: 484-495
- Prognostic value of LGE-CMR in HCM: a meta-analysis.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016; 9: 1392-1402
- Myocardial fibrosis as an early manifestation of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.N Eng J Med. 2010; 363: 552-563
- Angiotensin II blockade reverses myocardial fibrosis in a transgenic mouse model of human hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Circulation. 2001; 103: 789-791
- Aldosterone, through novel signaling proteins, is a fundamental molecular bridge between the genetic defect and the cardiac phenotype of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Circulation. 2004; 109: 1284-1291
- Eplerenone, a selective aldosterone blocker, in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 1309-1321
- Effects of eplerenone, enalapril, and eplerenone/enalapril in patients with essential hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy: the 4E-left ventricular hypertrophy study.Circulation. 2003; 108: 1831-1838
- Angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibition in stable coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2058-2068
- Spironolactone for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1383-1392
- Regional variation in patients and outcomes in the treatment of preserved cardiac function heart failure with an aldosterone antagonist (TOPCAT) trial.Circulation. 2015; 131: 34-42
- Morphology and significance of the left ventricular collagen network in young patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and sudden cardiac death.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 36-44
- Limitation of excessive extracellular matrix turnover may contribute to survival benefit of spironolactone therapy in patients with congestive heart failure: insights from the randomized aldactone evaluation study (RALES). Rales Investigators.Circulation. 2000; 102: 2700-2706
- Increased collagen type I synthesis in patients with heart failure of hypertensive origin: relation to myocardial fibrosis.Circulation. 2004; 110: 1263-1268
- Efficacy and safety of the angiotensin II receptor blocker losartan in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: the INHERIT randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2015; 3: 123-131
Funding: This study was registered as a clinical trial with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) (NCT#0087-9060) and was supported by an NIH K-training grant (K23-HL086745-01) to MSM.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors takes responsibility for all aspects of the reliability and freedom from bias of the data presented and their discussed interpretation.