Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Frailty and multimorbidity: two related yet different concepts.Maturitas. 2017; 95: 31-35
- Phenotype of frailty: characterization in the women's health and aging studies.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2006; 61: 262-266
- Oral rivaroxaban versus standard therapy for the treatment of symptomatic venous thromboembolism: a pooled analysis of the EINSTEIN-DVT and PE randomized studies.Thromb J. 2013; 11: 21
- Development of a claims-based frailty indicator anchored to a well-established frailty phenotype.Med Care. 2017; 55: 716-722
- The Truven Health MarketScan Databases for life sciences researchers.(Available at)https://truvenhealth.com/Portals/0/Assets/2017-MarketScan-Databases-Life-Sciences-Researchers-WP.pdfDate accessed: December 25, 2017
- Evaluation of the predictive value of ICD-9-CM codedadministrative data for venous thromboembolism in the United States.Thromb Res. 2010; 126: 61-67
- Validity of using inpatient and outpatient administrative codes to identify acute venous thromboembolism: The CVRN VTE Study.Med Care. 2017; 55: e137-e143
- Cardiovascular Health Study Collaborative Research Group. Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M146-M156
- An automated database case definition for serious bleeding related to oral anticoagulant use.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2011; 20: 560-566
- An introduction to propensity score methods for reducing the effects of confounding in observational studies.Multivariate Behav Res. 2011; 46: 399-424
- The Reporting of studies Conducted using Observational Routinely-collected health Data (RECORD) Statement.PLoS Med. 2015; 12 (e1001885)
- Venous thromboembolism in the elderly: efficacy and safety of non-VKA oral anticoagulants.Thromb J. 2014; 12: 21
- Administrative databases and outcomes assessment: an overview of issues and potential utility.J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 1999; 5: 215-222
Funding: This study was supported by Bayer AG, Berlin, Germany. The funder had no role in study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the article for publication.
Conflicts of Interest: CIC has received grant funding and consultancy honoraria from Bayer AG, Janssen Scientific Affairs LLC, and Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc. AGGT has received speaker's honoraria and consultancy fees from, and participated in scientific advisory boards for, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals and Janssen Research and Development, LLC, and has been a consultant for Bayer HealthCare, Janssen Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Astellas, Portola, and Takeda. JB-W has received research grants from Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim, Daiichi Sankyo, Pfizer, Portola Pharmaceuticals, and has served as a consultant to and has received honoraria from Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim, Daiichi Sankyo, Pfizer, Portola Pharmaceuticals, CSL Behring, and Medscape. TJB has no disclosures germane to this manuscript.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and participated in the writing, critical revision, and decision to submit the manuscript.