Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diabetic emergencies—ketoacidosis, hyperglycaemic hyperosmolar state and hypoglycaemia.Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2016; 12: 222-232https://doi.org/10.1038/nrendo.2016.15
- Third universal definition of myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2020-2035https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e31826e1058
- Cardiac troponin I concentrations in people presenting with diabetic ketoacidosis.Ann Clin Biochem. 2007; 44: 391-393
- Positive troponin in diabetic ketoacidosis without evident acute coronary syndrome predicts adverse cardiac events.Clin Cardiol. 2008; 31: 67-71https://doi.org/10.1002/clc.20167
- Clinical significance of troponin elevations in acute decompensated diabetes without clinical acute coronary syndrome.Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012; 11: 154https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2840-11-154
- Universal definition of myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 50: 2173-2195
- Effect of definition on incidence and prognosis of type 2 myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 1558-1568https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2017.07.774
- 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64 (Erratum in: J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;64(24):2713-2714. Dosage error in article text): e139-e228https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2014.09.017
- 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association task force on practice guidelines: developed in collaboration with the American College of Emergency Physicians and Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013; 82: E1-E27https://doi.org/10.1002/ccd.24776
- Hyperglycemic crises in adult patients with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 1335-1343https://doi.org/10.2337/dc09-9032
- Management of hyperglycemic crises in patients with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 131-153
- National Diabetes Statistics Report, 2017.(Published July 17, 2017; Available at)https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdfDate accessed: October 19, 2017
- Endocrine Physiology.McGraw-Hill Medical, New York2013
- Supply/demand type 2 myocardial infarction: should we be paying more attention?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 2079-2087https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2014.02.541
- 50th anniversary historical article. Myocardial oxygen consumption: the quest for its determinants and some clinical fallout.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 34: 1365-1368
- Silent myocardial ischemia in patients with diabetes mellitus.Circulation. 1996; 93: 2089-2091
- Diagnostic and therapeutic implications of type 2 myocardial infarction: review and commentary.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 105-108https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2013.09.031
- Classification of myocardial infarction: frequency and features of type 2 myocardial infarction.Am J Med. 2013; 126: 789-797https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2013.02.029
- Breakthrough development for Americans with suspected heart attack—next generation troponin T test from Roche cleared by FDA.(Published January 19, 2017; Available at)https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/breakthrough-development-for-americans-with-suspected-heart-attack--next-generation-troponin-t-test-from-roche-cleared-by-fda-300393665.htmlDate accessed: October 19, 2017
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and had roles in writing the manuscript.