Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The association between PICC use and venous thromboembolism in upper and lower extremities.Am J Med. 2015; 128 (e1): 986-993
- Risk of venous thromboembolism associated with peripherally inserted central catheters: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2013; 382: 311-325
- Total intravenous nutrition with peripherally inserted silicone elastomer central venous catheters.Arch Surg. 1975; 110: 644-646
- Hospitalist experiences, practice, opinions, and knowledge regarding peripherally inserted central catheters: results of a national survey.J Hosp Med. 2013; 8: 635-638
- Peripherally inserted central catheters: use at a tertiary care pediatric center.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2013; 24: 1323-1331
- Complications associated with peripheral or central routes for central venous cannulation.Anaesthesia. 2012; 67: 65-71
- Malposition of peripherally inserted central catheter: experience from 3,012 patients with cancer.Exp Ther Med. 2013; 6: 891-893
- Exchange of peripherally inserted central catheters is associated with an increased risk for bloodstream infection.Am J Perinatol. 2011; 28: 419-424
- Malfunctioning and infected tunneled infusion catheters: over-the-wire catheter exchange versus catheter removal and replacement.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2011; 22 (quiz 646): 642-646
- Validation of risk assessment models of venous thromboembolism in hospitalized medical patients.Am J Med. 2016; 129: 1001.e9-1001.e18
- Assessing the caprini score for risk assessment of venous thromboembolism in hospitalized medical patients.Am J Med. 2016; 129: 528-535
- A model to PREDICT central-line-associated bloodstream infection among patients with peripherally inserted central catheters: the MPC score.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2017; 38: 1155-1166
- Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data.Med Care. 2005; 43: 1130-1139
- Bloodstream infection, venous thrombosis, and peripherally inserted central catheters: reappraising the evidence.Am J Med. 2012; 125: 733-741
- PICC-associated bloodstream infections: prevalence, patterns, and predictors.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 319-328
- Patient- and device-specific risk factors for peripherally inserted central venous catheter-related bloodstream infections.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 184-189
- Cox-type regression analysis for large numbers of small groups of correlated failure Time observations.Surviv Anal. 1992; 211: 237-247
- Multiple imputation in sample surveys-a phenomenological Bayesian approach to nonresponse.J Am Stat Assoc. 1978; 20: 20-34
- Risk of symptomatic DVT associated with peripherally inserted central catheters.Chest. 2010; 138: 803-810
- Peripherally inserted central catheter-related deep vein thrombosis: contemporary patterns and predictors.J Thromb Haemost. 2014; 12: 847-854
- Insertion of PICCs with minimum number of lumens reduces complications and costs.J Am College Radiol. 2013; 10: 864-868
- Reduction of peripherally inserted central catheter-associated DVT.Chest. 2013; 143: 627-633
- Peripherally inserted central catheters in pediatric patients: to repair or not repair.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2017; 40: 845-851
- Analysis of tip malposition and correction in peripherally inserted central catheters placed at bedside by a dedicated nursing team.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2007; 18: 513-518
- Prospective follow-up of complications related to peripherally inserted central catheters.Med Mal Infect. 2013; 43: 350-355
- Evaluating safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness of PICC securement by subcutaneously anchored stabilization device.J Vasc Access. 2017; 18: 238-242
- Reducing PICC migrations and improving patient outcomes.Br J Nurs. 2014; 23 (S14-S18): S12
- Patterns and predictors of peripherally inserted central catheter occlusion: the 3P-O study.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017; 28 (e2): 749-756
- Management of occlusion and thrombosis associated with long-term indwelling central venous catheters.Lancet. 2009; 374: 159-169
- Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141: e419S-e496S
- Hospitalist experiences, practice, opinions, and knowledge regarding peripherally inserted central catheters: a Michigan survey.J Hosp Med. 2013; 8: 309-314
- Catheter-related infections in patients with haematological malignancies: novel preventive and therapeutic strategies.Lancet Infect Dis. 2016; 16: e241-e250
- The Michigan Appropriateness Guide for Intravenous Catheters (MAGIC): Results from a multispecialty panel using the RAND/UCLA appropriateness method.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: S1-S40
Funding: Support for the Hospital Medicine Safety (HMS) consortium is provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) and Blue Care Network as part of the BCBSM Value Partnerships program. Although Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and HMS work collaboratively, the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs, and viewpoints of BCBSM or any of its employees. Dr. Chopra is supported by a career development award from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (1-K08HS022835-01).
Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript. Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network supported data collection at each participating site and funded the data coordinating center but had no role in study concept, interpretation of findings, or in the preparation, final approval, or decision to submit the manuscript.