Advertisement

Acute Myocarditis Due to Mushroom Ingestion

      When serious toxicity due to mushroom ingestion occurs, it typically results from consumption of misidentified mushrooms. We present a patient in whom mushroom poisoning was mainly manifested by acute renal injury and acute myocarditis.
      To read this article in full you will need to make a payment

      Purchase one-time access:

      Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
      One-time access price info
      • For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
      • For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'

      Subscribe:

      Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
      Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
      Already an online subscriber? Sign in
      Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect

      Reference

        • Bedry R.
        • Baudrimont I.
        • Deffieux G.
        • et al.
        Wild-mushroom intoxication as a cause of rhabdomyolysis.
        N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 798-802