Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Continuing diversification of Neisseria meningitidis W135 as a primary cause of meningococcal disease after emergence of the serogroup in 2000.J Clin Microbiol. 2004; 42: 4158-4163
- Update on meningococcal disease with emphasis on pathogenesis and clinical management.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2000; 13: 144-166
- Abdominal pain and fever—an unusual presentation of meningococcemia.Clin Infect Dis. 1999; 28: 1327
- Right lower quadrant abdominal pain, fever, and hypotension: an atypical presentation of meningococcemia.Am J Emerg Med. 2015; 33 (e3-e4): 1713
- Atypical presentation of fatal meningococcemia: peritonitis and paradoxical centrifugal purpura fulminans of late onset.Am J Emerg Med. 2011; 29 (e3-e5): 960
- Abdominal pain as an atypical presentation of meningococcaemia.J Accid Emerg Med. 1999; 16: 227-229
- Severe meningococcal septicaemia associated with splenic rupture.Med J Aust. 1991; 155: 713-714
- Gastrointestinal perforation complicating meningococcal disease.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1995; 14: 393-394
- Spontaneous meningococcal peritonitis: a report of two cases.Am J Dig Dis. 1978; 23: 119-122
- Primary meningococcal peritonitis.Can Med Assoc J. 1977; 117: 436
- A case of pelvic inflammatory disease associated with Neisseria meningitidis bacteremia.Clin Infect Dis. 1993; 17: 134-135
- Isolation of Neisseria meningitidis from the urethra, cervix, and anal canal: further observations.Br J Vener Dis. 1977; 53: 109-112
- Isolation of Neisseria meningitidis from the genitourinary tract and anal canal.J Clin Microbiol. 1975; 2: 178-182
- Social behavior and meningococcal carriage in British teenagers.Emerg Infect Dis. 2006; 12: 950-957
- Meningococcal carriage in adolescents in the United Kingdom to inform timing of an adolescent vaccination strategy.J Infect. 2015; 71: 43-52
Conflicts of Interest: None of the authors have a conflict of interest for this article.
Authorship: All the authors had access to the data and had a role in writing manuscript.