Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence and prevalence of hyponatremia.Am J Med. 2006; 119: S30-S35
- Hyponatremia.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1581-1589
- A review of drug-induced hyponatremia.Am J Kidney Dis. 2008; 52: 144-153
- Antidepressants and the risk of hyponatremia: a class-by-class review of literature.Psychosomatics. 2014; 55: 536-547
- Risk factors for the development of hyponatremia in psychiatric inpatients.Arch Intern Med. 1995; 155: 953-957
- Hyponatraemia in elderly psychiatric patients treated with Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and venlafaxine: a retrospective controlled study in an inpatient unit.Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2002; 17: 231-237
- Association between antidepressant drug use and hyponatraemia: a case-control study.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2002; 53: 363-369
- Hyponatremia associated with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, mirtazapine, and venlafaxine in Korean patients with major depressive disorder.Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2011; 49: 437-443
- Antidepressants and the risk of hyponatremia: a Danish register-based population study.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e011200
- Second-generation antidepressants and hyponatremia risk: a population-based cohort study of older adults.Am J Kidney Dis. 2017; 69: 87-96
- Antidepressant use and risk of adverse outcomes in older people: population based cohort study.BMJ. 2011; 343: d4551
- Serotonergic antidepressants associated with an increased risk for hyponatraemia in the elderly.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2002; 58: 143-148
- Incidence and risk factors for hyponatraemia following treatment with fluoxetine or paroxetine in elderly people.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1999; 47: 211-217
- Instructions on the choice of primary and secondary diagnosis.(Available at)https://www.socialstyrelsen.se/Lists/Artikelkatalog/Attachments/18692/2012-4-18.pdfDate: 2012Date accessed: April 1, 2017
- Hyponatremia: evaluating the correction factor for hyperglycemia.Am J Med. 1999; 106: 399-403
- The National Patient Register.(Available at)www.scb.seDate accessed: April 1, 2017
- The new Swedish Prescribed Drug Register—opportunities for pharmacoepidemiological research and experience from the first six months.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2007; 16: 726-735
- R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing.2013 (Available at)http://www.R-project.org/Date accessed: May , 2015
- Validity of hospital discharge International Classification of Diseases (ICD) codes for identifying patients with hyponatremia.J Clin Epidemiol. 2003; 56: 530-535
- Validity of the International Classification of Diseases 10th revision code for hospitalisation with hyponatraemia in elderly patients.BMJ Open. 2012; 2https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2012-001727
- Validity of the International Classification of Diseases, 10th revision discharge diagnosis codes for hyponatraemia in the Danish National Registry of Patients.BMJ Open. 2014; 4: e004956
- Neuropharmacological characterization of serotoninergic stimulation of vasopressin secretion in conscious rats.Neuroendocrinology. 1988; 47: 277-283
- Mapping study of noradrenergic stimulation of vasopressin release.Exp Neurol. 1990; 110: 298-305
- Mirtazapine: an antidepressant with noradrenergic and specific serotonergic effects.Pharmacotherapy. 1997; 17: 10-21
Funding: The cost for retrieval of the data was funded by a clinical trial investigating the effect of c-peptide for the Development of Diabetic Neuropathy sponsored by Cebix Incorporated (Grant Number: CBX12980-DN201X ).
Conflicts of Interest: Drs. Jakob Skov and Buster Mannheimer report personal fees from Otsuka Pharma Scandinavia AB, outside the submitted work. No other authors had any conflicts of interest.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.