Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Universal definition of myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 50: 2173-2195
- Third universal definition of myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1581-1598
- Role of delta cardiac troponin I to distinguish between type I NSTEMI and type II myocardial infarction (abstr).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: E234
- Frequency of elevated troponin I and diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 104: 9-13
- Angiographic correlates in type 1 and 2 MI by the universal definition.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 5: 463-464
- The impact of the 2007 ESC–ACC–AHA– WHF Universal definition on the incidence and classification of acute myocardial infarction: a retrospective cohort study.Int J Cardiol. 2010; 139: 228-233
- Clinical characteristics, aetiology and occurrence of type 2 acute myocardial infarction.Kardiol Pol. 2014; 72: 339-344
- Prognostic implications of type 2 myocardial infarctions.World J Cardiovasc Dis. 2012; 2: 237-241
- Classification of myocardial infarction: frequency and features of type 2 myocardial infarction.Am J Med. 2013; 126: 789-797
- Type 2 myocardial infarction in clinical practice.Heart. 2015; 101: 101-106
- Type 2 myocardial infarction: a descriptive analysis and comparison with type 1 myocardial infarction.J Cardiol. 2016; 67: 51-56
- Mortality rate in type 2 myocardial infarction: observations from an unselected hospital cohort.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 295-302
- Systematic review of patients presenting with suspected myocardial infarction and nonobstructive coronary arteries.Circulation. 2015; 131: 861-870
- Prognosis of patients with non-ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction and nonobstructive coronary artery disease: propensity-matched analysis from the acute catheterization and urgent intervention triage strategy trial.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2014; 7: 285-293
- Acute myocardial infarction with no obstructive coronary atherosclerosis: mechanisms and management.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 475-481
- Myocarditis or “true” infarction by cardiac magnetic resonance in patients with a clinical diagnosis of myocardial infarction without obstructive coronary disease: a meta-analysis of individual patient data.Atherosclerosis. 2015; 241: 87-91
- Myocardial infarction with normal coronary arteries is common and associated with normal findings on cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging: results from the Stockholm Myocardial Infarction with Normal Coronaries study.J Intern Med. 2013; 273: 189-196
- Troponin-positive chest pain with unobstructed coronary arteries: definitive differential diagnosis using cardiac MRI.Br J Radiol. 2012; 85: e461-e466
- Characterization and outcomes of women and men with non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction and nonobstructive coronary artery disease: results from the Can Rapid Risk Stratification of Unstable Angina Patients Suppress Adverse Outcomes with Early Implementation of the ACC/AHA Guidelines (CRUSADE) quality improvement initiative.Am Heart J. 2009; 158: 688-694
- Outcomes in patients presenting with symptoms suggestive of acute coronary syndrome with elevated cardiac troponin but non-obstructive coronary disease on angiography.Heart Lung Circ. 2015; 24: 869-878
- The Swedish Web-system for enhancement and development of evidence-based care in heart disease evaluated according to recommended therapies (SWEDEHEART).Heart. 2010; 96: 1617-1621
- The 2011 outcome from the Swedish Health Care Registry on Heart Disease (SWEDEHEART).Scand Cardiovasc J. 2013; 47: 1-10
- Type-II myocardial infarction–patient characteristics, management and outcomes.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e84285
- Unanswered questions for management of acute coronary syndrome: risk stratification of patients with minimal disease or normal findings on coronary angiography.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1391-1395
- Diagnosis of type I versus type II myocardial infarction in emergency department patients with ischemic symptoms (abstr).Ann Emerg Med. 2011; 58: S211-S212
- Angiographic and clinical characteristics of type 1 versus type 2 perioperative myocardial infarction.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013; 82: 622-628
- Diagnosis of type 1 and type 2 myocardial infarction using a high-sensitivity cardiac troponin I assay with sex-specific 99th percentiles based on the third universal definition of myocardial infarction classification system.Clin Chem. 2015; 61: 657-663
Funding: This work was supported by a grant from the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research. The SWEDEHEART registry is supported by the Swedish Society of Cardiology, the Swedish Society of Thoracic Radiology, the Swedish Society of Thoracic Surgery, and the Swedish Heart Association. The registry is financed by the government and the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SALAR).
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.