Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of heart failure: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: e147-e239
- HFSA 2010 Comprehensive Heart Failure Practice Guideline.J Card Fail. 2010; 16: e1-e194
- ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2012: The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2012 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC.Eur J Heart Fail. 2012; 14: 803-869
- Decongestion in acute heart failure.Eur J Heart Fail. 2014; 16: 471-482
- Markers of decongestion, dyspnea relief, and clinical outcomes among patients hospitalized with acute heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2013; 6: 240-245
- Diuretic strategies in patients with acute decompensated heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 797-805
- Loop diuretics in acute decompensated heart failure: necessary? Evil? A necessary evil?.Circ Heart Fail. 2009; 2: 56-62
- Evaluation Study of Congestive Heart Failure and Pulmonary Artery Catheterization Effectiveness (ESCAPE): design and rationale.Am Heart J. 2001; 141: 528-535
- Evaluation study of congestive heart failure and pulmonary artery catheterization effectiveness: the ESCAPE trial.JAMA. 2005; 294: 1625-1633
- Loop diuretic efficiency: a metric of diuretic responsiveness with prognostic importance in acute decompensated heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2014; 7: 261-270
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 1: 307-310
- Measuring agreement in method comparison studies.Stat Methods Med Res. 1999; 8: 135-160
- Short-term clinical effects of tolvaptan, an oral vasopressin antagonist, in patients hospitalized for heart failure: the EVEREST Clinical Status Trials.JAMA. 2007; 297: 1332-1343
- Timing of hemoconcentration during treatment of acute decompensated heart failure and subsequent survival: importance of sustained decongestion.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 516-524
Funding: This work was supported in part by National Institutes of Health Grants K23HL114868 , L30HL115790 (JMT), and K24DK090203 (CRP). This article was prepared using ESCAPE and DOSE research materials obtained from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Biologic Specimen and Data Repository Information Coordinating Center and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of the ESCAPE or DOSE study investigators or the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing the manuscript.