Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- American College of Chest Physicians. Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141: e419S-e494S
- Home versus in-hospital treatment of outpatients with acute deep venous thrombosis of the lower limbs.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 1362-1367
- Oral rivaroxaban for symptomatic venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2499-2510
- Predicting adverse outcome in outpatients with acute deep vein thrombosis. Findings from the RIETE Registry.J Vasc Surg. 2006; 44: 789-793
- Effects of age on the risk of dying from pulmonary embolism or bleeding during treatment of deep vein thrombosis.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: 26S-32S
- Predictive variables for major bleeding events in patients presenting with documented acute venous thromboembolism. Findings from the RIETE Registry.Thromb Haemost. 2008; 100: 26-31
- Fatal bleeding in patients receiving anticoagulant therapy for venous thromboembolism: Findings from the RIETE Registry.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8: 1216-1222
- Prediction of creatinine clearance from serum creatinine.Nephron. 1976; 16: 31-41
- A comparison of goodness-of-fit tests for the logistic regression model.Stat Med. 1997; 16: 965-980
- Internal validation of predictive models: efficiency of some procedures for logistic regression analysis.J Clin Epidemiol. 2001; 54: 774-781
- Evaluating the added predictive ability of a new marker: from area under the ROC curve to reclassification and beyond.Stat Med. 2008; 27: 157-172
- Assessing the performance of prediction models. A framework for traditional and novel measures.Epidemiology. 2010; 21: 128-138
- Pulmonary embolism in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or congestive heart failure.Am J Med. 2006; 119: 851-858
- Venous thromboembolism in patients with renal insufficiency: findings from the RIETE Registry.Am J Med. 2006; 119: 1073-1079
- The outcome after treatment of venous thromboembolism is different in surgical and acutely ill medical patients. Findings from the RIETE Registry.J Thromb Haemost. 2004; 2: 1892-1898
- Acute venous thromboembolism in patients with recent major bleeding. The influence of the site of bleeding and the time elapsed on outcome.J Thromb Haemost. 2006; 4: 2367-2372
- Clinical predictors for fatal pulmonary embolism in 15,520 patients with venous thromboembolism. Findings from the Registro Informatizado de la Enfermedad Tromboembólica venosa (RIETE) Registry.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1711-1716
- Influence of recent immobilization and recent surgery on mortality in patients with pulmonary embolism.J Thromb Haemost. 2012; 10: 1752-1760
- Fatal pulmonary embolism and fatal bleeding in cancer patients with venous thromboembolism: findings from the RIETE Registry.J Thromb Haemost. 2006; 4: 1950-1956
- Platelet count and outcome in patients with acute venous thromboembolism.Thromb Haemost. 2013; 110: 1025-1034
- Use and misuse of the receiver operating characteristic curve in risk prediction.Circulation. 2007; 115: 928-935
Funding: The RIETE registry was supported with an unrestricted educational grant from Sanofi Spain and Bayer Pharma AG.
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors have read and approved this manuscript. All authors contributed to the research presented in this manuscript and had full access to all data and hold final responsibility for the decision to submit this manuscript to The American Journal of Medicine for publication.