Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: epidemiology and molecular carcinogenesis.Gastroenterology. 2007; 132: 2557-2576
- Recent advances in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma.Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2013; 29: 285-292
- Early Detection, Curative Treatment, and Survival Rates for HCC Surveillance in Patients with Cirrhosis: A meta-analysis.PLOS Medicine. 2014; 11: e1001624
- An intention-to-treat analysis of liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma using organ procurement transplant network data.Liver Transpl. 2009; 15: 859-868
- Natural history of untreated nonsurgical hepatocellular carcinoma: rationale for the design and evaluation of therapeutic trials.Hepatology. 1999; 29: 62-67
- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma: an update.Hepatology. 2010; 53: 1-35
- An explicit quality indicator set for measurement of quality of care in patients with cirrhosis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010; 8: 709-717
- Meta-analysis: surveillance with ultrasound for early-stage hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with cirrhosis.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 30: 37-47
- Utilization of surveillance for hepatocellular carcinoma among hepatitis C virus-infected veterans in the United States.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 154: 85-93
- Use of surveillance for hepatocellular carcinoma among patients with cirrhosis in the United States.Hepatology. 2010; 52: 132-141
- Utilization of hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance among American patients: a systematic review.J Gen Intern Med. 2012; 27: 861-867
- Race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status influence the survival of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in the United States.Cancer. 2010; 116: 1367-1377
- Influence of direct referrals on time to diagnosis after an abnormal breast screening result.Cancer Detect Prev. 2004; 28: 361-367
- Racial differences in survival of hepatocellular carcinoma in the United States: a population-based study.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 4 (quiz 4–5): 104-110
- Racial disparities and socioeconomic status in association with survival in a large population-based cohort of elderly patients with colon cancer.Cancer. 2007; 110: 660-669
- Meta-analysis of racial disparities in survival in association with socioeconomic status among men and women with colon cancer.Cancer. 2007; 109: 2161-2170
- Racial disparities in colon cancer. Primary care endoscopy as a tool to increase screening rates among minority patients.Cancer. 2007; 109: 378-385
- Factors associated with mammography utilization: a systematic quantitative review of the literature.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2008; 17: 1477-1498
- Patient involvement is correlated with higher HCC surveillance in patients with cirrhosis.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2011; 45: 727-732
- Use of administrative claims data for identifying patients with cirrhosis.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2013; 47: e50-54
- Some methodologic lessons learned from cancer screening research.Cancer. 2004; 101: 1131-1145
- Toward improving the quality of cancer care: addressing the interfaces of primary and oncology-related subspecialty care.J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2010; 2010: 3-10
- Machine learning algorithms outperform conventional regression models in predicting development of hepatocellular carcinoma.Am J Gastroenterol. 2013; 108: 1723-1730
- Improving hepatocellular carcinoma screening: applying lessons from colorectal cancer screening.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 11: 472-477
- Failure rates in the hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance process.Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2012; 5: 1124-1130
- Screening Process Failures for Hepatocellular Carcinoma.J National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2014; 12: 375-382
- A framework for improving the quality of cancer care: the case of breast and cervical cancer screening.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2003; 12: 4-13
- Detection of hepatocellular carcinoma at advanced stages among patients in the HALT-C trial: where did surveillance fail?.Am J Gastroenterol. 2013; 108: 425-432
- Meta-analysis: underutilisation and disparities of treatment among patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in the United States.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2013; 38: 703-712
- Population-based risk factors and resource utilization for HCC: US perspective.Curr Med Res Opin. 2010; 26: 2183-2191
- The performance of process measures in hepatitis C.Am J Gastroenterol. 2012; 107: 1512-1521
Funding: Research reported in this publication was conducted with support from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under award numbers KL2TR001103 and UL1TR001105 , the ACG Junior Faculty Development Award , and the American Cancer Society and Simmons Cancer Center Grant ACS-IRG-02-196 awarded to AGS. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of UT Southwestern Medical Center and its affiliated health care centers or the NIH.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.