Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Reporting of effect direction and size in abstracts of systematic reviews.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1981-1982
- Rhetorical techniques used in the reporting of cardiac resynchronization trials.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 1500-1502
Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals: writing and editing for biomedical publication. Available at: www.icmje.org. Accessed January 10, 2014.
- The ethics of collaborative authorship.EMBO Rep. 2011; 12: 889-893
- Disclosure of researcher contributions: a study of original research articles in the Lancet.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 661-670
- Authorship: who should be included and how should it be determined?.Gastroenterology. 2011; 141: 786-788
- Impact Factor: A Guide for Editors and Editorial Boards.Oxford University Press, Oxford2009
ISI Web of Knowledge Database – Journal Citation Reports, a database product of Thompson Reuters and accessed through the Saint Louis University library subscription. Available at: http://libraries.slu.edu/a/mcl/databases/databases.php. Accessed May 22, 2013.
- Should systematic reviews include searches for published errata?.Health Info Libr J. 2004; 21: 14-20
- Characterization of published errors in high impact oncology journals.Curr Oncol. 2011; 18: 26-32
- Does it mean anything if your own name is wrong in your published paper?.FASEB J. 2009; 23: 2345-2348
- “Equal” contributions and credit: an emerging trend in the characterization of authorship.Ann Epidemiol. 2010; 20: 868-871
- What can we infer from author order in epidemiology?.Am J Epidemiol. 1999; 149: 401-403
- Honorary and ghost authorship in high impact biomedical journals: a cross sectional survey.BMJ. 2011; 343: d6128
- Method for establishing authorship in a multi center clinical trial.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 414-420
- The contributions of authors to multiauthored biomedical research papers.JAMA. 1994; 271: 438-442
- A method for assigning authorship in multiauthored publications.Fam Med. 1997; 29: 42-44
- Best practices for allocating appropriate credit and responsibility to authors of multi-authored articles.Front Psychol. 2011; 2: 1-6
Conflict of Interest: MWR serves as associate editor for The American Journal of Medicine and the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. PJH serves as an associate editor for Circulation: Heart Failure. Both receive modest remuneration for editorial contributions to these journals.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.