Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine.18th ed. McGraw-Hill Professional, New York2011
- Current best practices and guidelines. Assessment and management of complications in infective endocarditis.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2002; 16 (xii): 507-521
- Clinical presentation, etiology, and outcome of infective endocarditis in the 21st century: the International Collaboration on Endocarditis-Prospective Cohort Study.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 463-473
- Spontaneous pyogenic vertebral osteomyelitis and endocarditis: incidence, risk factors, and outcome.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 1287
- Vertebral osteomyelitis: long-term outcome for 253 patients from 7 Cleveland-area hospitals.Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 34: 1342-1350
- Proposed modifications to the Duke criteria for the diagnosis of infective endocarditis.Clin Infect Dis. 2000; 30: 633-638
- Musculoskeletal manifestations of bacterial endocarditis.Ann Rheum Dis. 1977; 36: 517-519
- Spontaneous infectious discitis in adults.Am J Med. 1996; 100: 85-89
- Bacterial endocarditis presenting as acute vertebral osteomyelitis: 14 cases.Eur Heart J. 1984; 5: 101-105
- Vertebral osteomyelitis.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 1990; 4: 539-550
- Early surgery versus conventional treatment for infective endocarditis.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 2466-2473
- Clinical practice. Infective endocarditis.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1425-1433
- Clinical practice. Vertebral osteomyelitis.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 1022-1029
- Streptococcal and enterococcal spondylodiscitis (vertebral osteomyelitis). High incidence of infective endocarditis in 50 cases.J Rheumatol. 2006; 33: 91-97
- Clinical and laboratory characteristics of infective endocarditis when associated with spondylodiscitis.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2002; 21: 671-675
- Streptococcal vertebral osteomyelitis: multiple faces of the same disease.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014; 20: O33-O38
- Risk of embolism and death in infective endocarditis: prognostic value of echocardiography: a prospective multicenter study.Circulation. 2005; 112: 69-75
- Guidelines on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infective endocarditis (new version 2009): the Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) for Infection and Cancer.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 2369-2413
- Current best practices and guidelines. Assessment and management of complications in infective endocarditis.Cardiol Clin. 2003; 21 (vii-viii): 273-282
Funding: Department of Medicine C, Chaim Sheba Medical Center.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors listed had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript. MK and RK contributed equally to the writing of this manuscript.