Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence rates, clinical profile, and outcomes of patients with venous thromboembolism. The Worcester VTE study.J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2009; 28: 401-409
- The Worcester Venous Thromboembolism study: a population-based study of the clinical epidemiology of venous thromboembolism.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 722-727
- Subsegmental pulmonary embolism diagnosed by computed tomography: incidence and clinical implications. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the management outcome studies.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8: 1716-1722
- Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients.J Thromb Haemost. 2005; 3: 692-694
- Venous thromboembolism in the elderly. A community-based perspective.Thromb Haemost. 2008; 100: 780-788
- Venous thrombosis in the elderly: incidence, risk factors and risk groups.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8: 2105-2112
- Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141: e419S-e494S
- A population-based perspective of the hospital incidence and case-fatality rates of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. The Worcester DVT Study.Arch Intern Med. 1991; 151: 933-938
- The epidemiology of venous thromboembolism in the community.Thromb Haemost. 2001; 86: 452-463
- Predictors of recurrence after deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: a population-based cohort study.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 761-768
- Length of hospital stay for treatment of deep venous thrombosis and the incidence of recurrent thromboembolism.Arch Intern Med. 1998; 158: 1005-1010
- Bleeding during antithrombotic therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation. The Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation Investigators.Arch Intern Med. 1996; 156: 409-416
- Aging and heparin-related bleeding.Arch Intern Med. 1996; 156: 857-860
- Major hemorrhage and tolerability of warfarin in the first year of therapy among elderly patients with atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2007; 115: 2689-2696
- Prediction of the risk of bleeding during anticoagulant treatment for venous thromboembolism.Arch Intern Med. 1999; 159: 457-460
- Oral anticoagulant treatment in very elderly patients with atrial fibrillation.Compr Ther. 2001; 27: 7-10
- Venous thromboembolism in nonagenarians. Findings from the RIETE Registry.Thromb Haemost. 2009; 101: 1112-1118
Funding: This work was supported by a grant from the National Institute of Aging ( R01AG031083 ). JSS is supported by a grant from the National Institute of Health ( K01AG033643 ). SA is supported by an Ontario Heart and Stroke Chair Award in Population Health Research and a Canada Research Chair in Ethnicity and Cardiovascular Disease. MAC is supported by a Career Investigator Award from the Ontario Heart and Stroke Foundation.
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.