Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Description of Parkinson's disease as a clinical syndrome.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003; 991: 1-14
- Deep-brain stimulation for Parkinson's disease.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1529-1538
- Prevalence of parkinsonism and Parkinson's disease in Europe: the EUROPARKINSON Collaborative Study. European Community Concerted Action on the Epidemiology of Parkinson's disease.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1997; 62: 10-15
- Incidence of Parkinson's disease: variation by age, gender, and race/ethnicity.Am J Epidemiol. 2003; 157: 1015-1022
- The etiopathogenesis of Parkinson disease and suggestions for future research. Part I.J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2007; 66: 251-257
- Neuropathology of sporadic Parkinson's disease: evaluation and changes of concepts.Mov Disord. 2012; 27: 8-30
- The Movement Disorder Society Evidence-Based Medicine Review Update: treatments for the non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2011; 26: S42-S80
- Review of the therapeutic management of Parkinson's disease. Report of a joint task force of the European Federation of Neurological Societies and the Movement Disorder Society-European Section. Part I: early (uncomplicated) Parkinson's disease.Eur J Neurol. 2006; 13: 1170-1185
- The Movement Disorder Society Evidence-Based Medicine Review Update: treatments for the motor symptoms of Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2011; 26: S2-41
- Rasagiline: a review of its use in the treatment of idiopathic Parkinson's disease.Drugs. 2012; 72: 643-669
- Selegiline: a reappraisal of its role in Parkinson disease.Clin Neuropharmacol. 2012; 35: 134-140
- Treatment of motor and non-motor features of Parkinson's disease with deep brain stimulation.Lancet Neurol. 2012; 11: 429-442
- Deep brain stimulation plus best medical therapy versus best medical therapy alone for advanced Parkinson's disease (PD SURG trial): a randomised, open-label trial.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 581-591
- Altered pharyngeal muscles in Parkinson disease.J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2012; 71: 520-530
- Gastrointestinal dysfunction in Parkinson's disease.Lancet Neurol. 2003; 2: 107-116
- The effect of levodopa on pulmonary function in Parkinson's disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Ther. 2012; 34: 1049-1055
- The perioperative management of Parkinson's disease revisited.Neurol Clin. 2004; 22: 367-377
- Fall frequency and risk assessment in early Parkinson's disease.Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2012; 18: 837-841
- Parkinson's disease influences the perioperative risk profile in surgery.Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2009; 394: 511-515
- Postoperative complications in Parkinson's disease.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1999; 47: 967-972
- Anaesthesia in elderly patients with neurodegenerative disorders: special considerations.Drugs Aging. 2004; 21: 229-242
- Managing Parkinson's disease during surgery.BMJ. 2010; 341: c5718
- Apomorphine: a rapid rescue agent for the management of motor fluctuations in advanced Parkinson disease.Clin Neuropharmacol. 2006; 29: 292-301
- Overnight switch from ropinirole to transdermal rotigotine patch in patients with Parkinson disease.BMC Neurol. 2011; 11: 100
- Systematic review of levodopa dose equivalency reporting in Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2010; 25: 2649-2653
- The parkinsonism-hyperpyrexia syndrome.Neurocrit Care. 2009; 10: 136-140
Medtronic DBS therapy: information for prescribers. In: Medtronic ed., 2010:16-17.
- MRI-related heating near deep brain stimulation electrodes: more data are needed.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2011; 89: 131-140
MRI Guidelines for the Medtronic Deep Brain Stimulation Systems. In: Medtronic, ed 2010:6-7.
MRI Guidelines for Medtronic Deep Brain Stimulation Systems. In: Medtronic, 2006:5,13.
- Safety of MRI in patients with implanted deep brain stimulation devices.Neuroimage. 2009; 47: T53-T57
- Acute postoperative confusion and hallucinations in Parkinson disease.Ann Intern Med. 1989; 111: 218-222
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, opioid analgesics and serotonin toxicity.Br J Anaesth. 2005; 95: 434-441
- Parkinson's disease and anaesthesia.Indian J Anaesth. 2011; 55: 228-234
- Review of the therapeutic management of Parkinson's disease. Report of a joint task force of the European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS) and the Movement Disorder Society-European Section (MDS-ES). Part II: late (complicated) Parkinson's disease.Eur J Neurol. 2006; 13: 1186-1202
- Clinical characteristics of exacerbations in Parkinson disease.Neurologist. 2012; 18: 120-124
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: Both authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.