Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Prevalence of gout and hyperuricemia in the US general population: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2007-2008.Arthritis Rheum. 2011; 63: 3136-3141
- Epidemiology of gout: is the incidence rising?.J Rheumatol. 2002; 29: 2403-2406
- Preventing and treating acute gout attacks across the clinical spectrum: a roundtable discussion.Cleve Clin J Med. 2010; 77: S2-25
- Gout is associated with more comorbidities, poorer health-related quality of life and higher healthcare utilisation in US veterans.Ann Rheum Dis. 2008; 67: 1310-1316
- Comparison of patient characteristics and gout-related health-care resource utilization and costs in patients with frequent versus infrequent gouty arthritis attacks.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2012; 51: 2004-2012
- The online case-crossover study is a novel approach to study triggers for recurrent disease flares.Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 50-55
- Preliminary criteria for the classification of the acute arthritis of primary gout.Arthritis Rheum. 1977; 20: 895-900
- Gouty arthritis in acute cerebrovascular disease.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2009; 28: 391-396
- Pathogenesis of gout.Ann Intern Med. 2005; 143: 499-516
- Purine-rich foods: an innocent bystander of gout attacks?.Ann Rheum Dis. 2012; 71: 1435-1436
- Changes in urinary uric acid excretion in obstructive sleep apnea before and after therapy with nasal continuous positive airway pressure.Chest. 1998; 113: 1604-1608
- Postsurgical gout.Am Surg. 1995; 61: 56-59
- Gouty attacks occur frequently in postoperative gastric bypass patients.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2008; 4: 11-15
- Impact of deficits in gout care on hospitalizations.J Clin Rheumatol. 2011; 17: 389-391
- Clinical features and risk factors of postsurgical gout.Ann Rheum Dis. 2008; 68: 1271-1275
Funding: This work was supported by the Arthritis Foundation, American College Rheumatology Research and Education Fund, and National Institutes of Health (AR47785 and T32 AR07598). The funding bodies had no role in the study design, data collection, analysis, interpretation, or writing of the manuscript.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.