Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Age-specific and sex-specific mortality in 187 countries, 1970-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010.Lancet. 2012; 380: 2071-2094
- Informe sobre la situación mundial de las enfermedades no transmisibles 2010.([Spanish]) Organizacion Mundial de la Salud, Geneva, Switzerland2010
- Tracking of overweight status from childhood to young adulthood: the Bogalusa Heart Study.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006; 60: 48-57
- Relationship of childhood obesity to coronary heart disease risk factors in adulthood: the Bogalusa Heart Study.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: 712-718
- Obesity in the childhood: a link to adult hypertension.Curr Pharm Des. 2009; 15: 1063-1071
- Physical Activity and Good Nutrition: Essential Elements to Prevent Chronic Diseases and Obesity 2008.Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2008
- Interventions for preventing obesity in children.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005; 3: CD001871
- Increasing physical activity. A report on recommendations of the Task Force on Community Preventive Services.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2001; 50: 1-14
- Moderate to vigorous physical activity and sedentary time and cardiometabolic risk factors in children and adolescents.JAMA. 2012; 307: 704-712
- Physical Activity Evaluation Handbook.US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2002
- Targeting preschool children to promote cardiovascular health: cluster randomized trial.Am J Med. 2013; 126: 27-35.e23
- Manual de procedimientos para proyectos de nutricion.([Spanish]) Instituto de Salud Publica, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico2006
- 2000 CDC growth charts for the United States: methods and development.Vital Health Stat 11. 2002; : 1-190
El Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estadistica (DANE). DANE Web site. Available at: http://www.dane.gov.co/#twoj_fragment1-4. Accessed November 10, 2010.
- Effectiveness of preventive school-based obesity interventions in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review.Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 96: 415-438
- Identifying effective behavioural models and behaviour change strategies underpinning preschool- and school-based obesity prevention interventions aimed at 4-6-year-olds: a systematic review.Obes Rev. 2012; 13: 106-117
- Impact of a school-based intervention to cardiovascular risk factors prevention (RESCATE) on physican activity and diet in Mexican children aged 9-10 years.Revista Espanola de Nutricion Comunitaria. 2009; 15: 71-80
- Physical activity promotion in the preschool years: a critical period to intervene.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2012; 9: 1326-1342
- Critical narrative review to identify educational strategies promoting physical activity in preschool.Obes Rev. 2012; 13: 96-105
- A systematic approach for the development of a kindergarten-based intervention for the prevention of obesity in preschool age children: the ToyBox-study.Obes Rev. 2012; 13: 3-12
- Encuesta Nacional de la Situacion Nutricional en Colombia 2010 (ENSIN).Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar, Bogota, Colombia2010
- Effect of counselling school teachers on healthy lifestyle on the impact of a program to reduce childhood obesity.Rev Med Chil. 2010; 138 ([Spanish]): 181-187
- The effects of a 3-year obesity intervention in schoolchildren in Beijing.Child Care Health Dev. 2007; 33: 641-646
- Two-year controlled effectiveness trial of a school-based intervention to prevent obesity in Chilean children.Public Health Nutr. 2009; 12: 1451-1461
- Effectiveness of a dietary and physical activity intervention to prevent obesity in school age children.Rev Med Chil. 2008; 136 ([Spanish]): 22-30
- Promoción de la Alimentación Saludable y la Actividad Física.([Spanish]) Alcaldia Mayor de Bogotá, Bogotá, Colombia2012
Funding: Santo Domingo Foundation.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.