Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Preventative Care: A National Profile on Use, Disparities, and Health Benefits.Partnership for Prevention, Washington, DC2007
- Clinical preventative medicine in primary care: background and practice: 1. Rationale and current preventative practices.Mayo Clin Proc. 2000; 75: 165-172
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention and control of influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2010.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2011; 60: 1128-1132
- National Mid-Season Flu Vaccination Coverage: National Flu Survey, United States, 2011-12 Influenza Season.US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, Atlanta, GA2011 (Available at:)Accessed November 28, 2012)
- Prevention of pneumococcal disease: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 1997; 46: 1-24
- 2009 Adult Vaccination Coverage, The National Health Interview Survey (NHIS).US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, Atlanta, GA2009 (Available at:)Accessed November 28, 2011)
- Priorities among effective clinical preventative services: results of a systematic review and analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 31: 52-61
- Estimated time spent on preventative services by primary care physicians.BMC Health Serv Res. 2008; 8: 245
- Primary care: is there enough time for prevention?.Am J Pub Health. 2003; 93: 635-641
- Prevention of herpes zoster: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2008; 57: 1-30
- A vaccine to prevent herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia in older adults.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 2271-2284
- Adult vaccination coverage–United States, 2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 66-72
- CDC Seeks to Protect Older Adults With Shingles Vaccine Message.US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, Atlanta, GA2008 (Available at:)Accessed October 1, 2010)
- Barriers to the use of herpes zoster vaccine.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 555-560
- Herpes zoster vaccination among adults aged 60 years or older in the United States, 2007: uptake of the first new vaccine to target seniors.Vaccine. 2009; 27: 882-887
- Stimulating the adoption of health information technology.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1477-1479
- Electronic health records and clinical decision support systems: impact on national ambulatory care quality.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 897-903
- Can electronic medical record systems transform health care? potential health benefits, savings, and costs.Health Aff (Millwood). 2005; 24: 1103-1117
- Enabling research in general practice: increasing functionality of electronic medical records.Aust Fam Physician. 2010; 39: 506-509
- Chronic disease management: what will it take to improve care for chronic illness?.Eff Clin Pract. 1998; 1: 2-4
National Committee for Quality Assurance. Patient-centered medical home standards and guidelines: 2011. Available at: www.ncqa.org/tabid/629/Default.aspx#pcmh. Accessed March 21, 2012.
- Patient-centered medical homes: primer for pharmacists.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2011; 51: e38-e48
- The future of health-system pharmacy: opportunities and challenges in practice model change.Ann Pharmacother. 2012; 46: S41-S45
- A system-based intervention to improve colorectal cancer screening uptake.Am J Manag Care. 2011; 17: 49-55
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.