Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals: Updated April 2010. Available at http://www.icmje.org/urm_main.html. Accessed May 21, 2012.
- Consensus statement on submission and publication of manuscripts.Surgery. 2001; 129: 662-663
- Redundant surgical publications: tip of the iceberg?.Surgery. 2001; 129: 655-661
- Redundant publication.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 1212-1214
- Redundant publication: a reminder.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 449-450
- Checking for plagiarism, duplicate publication, and text recycling.Lancet. 2011; 377: 281-282
- Duplicate publication/duplicate submission-unfortunately still a problem.Surgery. 2001; 129: 653-654
- Impact of covert duplicate publication on meta-analysis: a case study.BMJ. 1997; 315: 635-640
Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Code of conduct and best practice guidelines for journal editors. Available at: http://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors.pdf. Accessed May 24, 2012.
- Duplicate publications in otolaryngology.Laryngoscope. 2005; 115: 929-930
- The misconduct of redundant publication.Ann Rheum Dis. 1996; 55: 783-875
- Scientists behaving badly.Nature. 2005; 435: 737-738
- Redundant publication in the journal Radiology.Radiology. 2008; 247: 836-840
- Duplicate publications in Korean medical journals indexed in KoreaMed.J Korean Med Sci. 2008; 23: 131-133
- Duplicate publications: redundancy in plastic surgery literature.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2006; 59: 975-977
- Duplicate publication in the Journal of Hand Surgery.J Hand Surg Br. 2004; 29: 625-628
- One in 13 ‘original’ articles in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery are duplicate or fragmented publications.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2004; 86: 743-745
- Redundant publications in scientific ophthalmologic journals: the tip of the iceberg?.Ophthalmology. 2004; 111 (863-836)
- Duplicate publications in the otolaryngology literature.Laryngoscope. 2003; 113: 772-774
- The Budd-Chiari syndrome.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 578-585
- Surgical treatment of 1360 cases of Budd-Chiari syndrome: 20-year experience.Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2004; 3: 391-394
- Evolution of management for Budd-Chiari syndrome: a team's view from 2564 patients.ANZ J Surg. 2005; 75: 55-63
- A 27-year experience with surgical treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome.Ann Surg. 2000; 232: 340-352
- Etiology, management, and outcome of the Budd-Chiari syndrome.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 167-175
- [A review on the research status and trends of Budd-Chiari syndrome.].Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2010; 31: 1192-1195
- Randomized trials published in some Chinese journals: how many are randomized?.Trials. 2009; 10: 46
- An empirical analysis of overlap publication in Chinese language and English research manuscripts.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e22149
- Meta-analysis: the significance of screening for JAK2V617F mutation in Budd-Chiari syndrome and portal venous system thrombosis.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2011; 33: 1087-1103
- Prevalence of the JAK2V617F mutation in Chinese patients with Budd-Chiari syndrome and portal vein thrombosis: a prospective study.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012; 27: 1036-1043
- Prevalence of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria in Chinese patients with Budd-Chiari syndrome or portal vein thrombosis.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 28: 148-152
- Retraction: Guo H. Complication of central venous catheterization.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356 (N Engl J Med. 2007;356:1075): e2
- Retraction: Cheng B-Q, et al. Chemoembolization combined with radiofrequency ablation for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma larger than 3 cm: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2008; 299 (JAMA. 2009;301:1931): 1669-1677
- Retraction: Gong Z et al. Injuries after a typhoon in China.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356 (N Engl J Med. 2008;359:657): 196-197
- A retrospective of retractions: the striking record in 2011.Nat Med. 2011; 17: 1544
- Scientific fraud: action needed in China.Lancet. 2010; 375: 94
- Chinese journal finds 31% of submissions plagiarized.Nature. 2010; 467: 153
- Strong medicine for China's journals.Nature. 2010; 467: 261
- Duplicate and salami publications.J Postgrad Med. 2000; 46: 67-69
- Publish or perish in China.Nature. 2010; 463: 142-143
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.
Drs Qi, Ren, and Liu contributed equally to this work.