Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiology of adult polycystic kidney disease, Olmsted County, Minnesota: 1935-1980.Am J Kidney Dis. 1983; 2: 630-639
- Polycystic kidney disease.in: Schrier R.W. Diseases of the Kidney and Urinary Tract. 8th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2007: 502-539
- USRDS 2011 Annual Data Report.USRDS Coordinating Center, Minneapolis, MN2011
- Polycystic Kidney Disease: The Most Common Life-Threatening Genetic Disease.Polycystic Kidney Research Foundation, Kansas City, KS2000
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.Lancet. 2007; 369: 1287-1301
- Hypertension and autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 57: 811-813
- The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 1091-1096
- The intrarenal renin-angiotensin system in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004; 287: F775-F788
- Unified criteria for ultrasonographic diagnosis of ADPKD.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 20: 205-212
- Expressing the CKD-EPI (Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Collaboration) cystatin C equations for estimating GFR with standardized serum cystatin C values.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 58: 682-684
- Earlier diagnosis of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: importance of family history and implications for cardiovascular and renal complications.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 46: 415-423
- Renal volume, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 20: 1888-1893
- Epidemiological study of kidney survival in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.Kidney Int. 2003; 63: 678-685
- Causes of death in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.J Am Soc Nephrol. 1995; 5: 2048-2056
- Improved prognosis in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease in Denmark.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 5: 2034-2039
- Use of antihypertensive medications and mortality of patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: a population-based study.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 57: 856-862
Funding: Dr Helal has received an International Society of Nephrology–funded fellowship and support from the Laboratory of Kidney Pathology ( LR00SP01 -Pr Ben Maiz Hedi), Charles Nicolle Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia. This research was supported by Grants M01RR00051 and M01RR00069 from the General Research Centers Program, National Center for Research Resources/National Institutes of Health (NIH); NIH/National Center for Research Resources Colorado CTSI Grant ULI RR025780 ; Grant DK34039 from the NIH (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases) and the Zell Family Foundation . The content of this publication is the authors’ sole responsibility and does not necessarily represent the official NIH views.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.