- Official press release.Accessed December 23, 2011)
- Randomized trials stopped early for benefit: a systematic review.JAMA. 2005; 294: 2203-2209
- Effect of atenolol on mortality and cardiovascular morbidity after noncardiac surgery.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1713-1720
- Perioperative beta-blockers for major noncardiac surgery: Primum Non Nocere.Am J Med. 2009; 122: 222-229
- Benefits and harms of perioperative beta-blockade.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2006; 20: 285-302
- Rationale, design, and organization of the PeriOperative ISchemic Evaluation (POISE) trial: a randomized controlled trial of metoprolol versus placebo in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.Am Heart J. 2006; 152: 223-230
- 2009 ACCF/AHA focused update on perioperative beta blockade: a report of the American college of cardiology foundation/American heart association task force on practice guidelines.Circulation. 2009; 120: 2123-2151
- Effects of extended-release metoprolol succinate in patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery (POISE trial): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2008; 371: 1839-1847
- Perioperative beta blockers in patients having non-cardiac surgery: a meta-analysis.Lancet. 2008; 372: 1962-1976
- In search of equipoise.JAMA. 2011; 305: 1234-1235
- Suspected research fraud: difficulties of getting at the truth.BMJ. 2005; 331: 281-288
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: Both authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript.