Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Meta-analysis of cardiovascular outcomes trials comparing intensive versus moderate statin therapy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 438
- Meta analysis of large randomized controlled trials to evaluate the impact of statins on cardiovascular outcomes.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2004; 57: 640-651
- Effective strategies for long-term statin use.Am J Cardiol. 2003; 92: 27-34
- Best-selling human medicines 2002-2004.Drug Discov Today. 2005; 10: 739-742
- Trends in statin use and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels among US adults: impact of the 2001 National Cholesterol Education Program Guidelines (September).Ann Pharmacother. 2008; 42 (Epub 2008 Jul 22): 1208-1215
- Final conclusions and recommendations of the National Lipid Association Statin Safety Assessment Task Force.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 97: 89C-94C
- Statin-associated myopathy.JAMA. 2003; 289: 1681-1690
- Prevalence of musculoskeletal pain and statin use.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 1182-1186
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.Accessed February 2, 2011)
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, NCHS Research Ethics Review Board (ERB) Approval.Accessed February 2, 2011)
- Estimating model-adjusted risks, risk differences, and risk ratios from complex survey data.Am J Epidemiol. 2010; 171: 618-623
- Mild to moderate muscular symptoms with high-dosage statin therapy in hyperlipidemic patients the PRIMO study.Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2005; 19: 403-414
- A comprehensive description of muscle symptoms associated with lipid-lowering drugs.Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2003; 17: 459-465
- Outcomes in 45 patients with statin-associated myopathy.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 2671-2676
- Musculoskeletal pain associated with corticosteroid therapy in cancer.Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2010; 14: 256-260
- Colchicine myopathy and neuropathy.N Engl J Med. 1987; 316: 1562-1568
- Risks associated with statin therapy: a systematic overview of randomized clinical trials.Circulation. 2006; 114: 2788-2797
- Meta-analysis of drug-induced adverse events associated with intensive-dose statin therapy.Clin Ther. 2007; 29: 253-260
- Statin-related adverse events: a meta-analysis.Clin Ther. 2006; 28: 26-35
- Robustness of prevalence estimates derived from misclassified data from administrative databases.Biometrics. 2007; 63: 272-279
- Accuracy of Medicare claims data for rheumatologic diagnoses in total hip replacement recipients.J Clin Epidemiol. 2003; 56: 515-519
- Validation of a surveillance case definition for arthritis.J Rheumatol. 2005; 32: 340-347
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: Ongoing safety review of high-dose Zocor (simvastatin) and increased risk of muscle injury.http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm204882.htm(Accessed February 2, 2011)
- FDA Public Health Advisory for Crestor (rosuvastatin).http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/PublicHealthAdvisories/ucm051756.htm(Accessed February 2, 2011)
Funding: This study was supported by Grant K23AR055664 from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases .
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.