Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A time to be promoted.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 123-129
- Creating a faculty development office in an academic pediatric hospital: challenges and successes.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: 390-401
- Mentoring for women and underrepresented minority faculty and students: experience at two institutions of higher education.J Natl Med Assoc. 2006; 98: 1449-1459
- Mentoring in academic medicine: a systematic review.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1103-1115
- Mentoring—a complex relationship.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2006; 18: 56-61
- A year of mentoring in academic medicine: case report and qualitative analysis of fifteen hours of meetings between a junior and senior faculty member.J Gen Intern Med. 2004; 19: 569-573
- Empowering junior faculty: Penn State's faculty development and mentoring program.Acad Med. 2006; 81: 668-673
- Junior faculty's perspectives on mentoring.Acad Med. 2003; 78: 652
- Mentoring matters.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 340-345
- Indicators of early research productivity among primary care fellows.J Gen Intern Med. 2002; 17: 854-860
- Junior faculty members' mentoring relationships and their professional development in US medical schools.Acad Med. 1998; 73: 318-323
- Developing a sustainable faculty mentoring program.Am J Pharm Educ. 2005; 69: 100-106
- Facilitating faculty success: outcomes and cost benefit of the UCSD National Center of Leadership in Academic Medicine.Acad Med. 2004; 79: S9-S11
- Outcomes of a pilot faculty mentoring program.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 1846-1850
- A descriptive, cross-sectional study of formal mentoring for faculty.Fam Med. 1996; 28: 434-438
- Does mentoring matter?.Med Educ Online. 2010 Apr 23; 15https://doi.org/10.3402/meo.v15i0.5063
- Mentoring in medicine: keys to satisfaction.Am J Med. 2002; 112: 336-341
- A systematic review of qualitative research on the meaning and characteristics of mentoring in academic medicine. 2009.J Gen Intern Med. 2009; 25: 72-78
- Basics of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded Theory.Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA1998
- Mentorship in academic medicine: a critical component for all faculty and academic advancement.Curr Surg. 2004; 61: 325-327
- Mentoring program for minority faculty at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.Acad Med. 1999; 74: 376-379
- Views of family medicine department chairs about mentoring junior faculty.Med Teach. 2005; 27: 734-737
- Mentorship: a critical component for professional growth and academic success.J Dent Educ. 2004; 68: 324-328
- Mentorship behaviors and mentorship quality associated with formal mentoring programs: closing the gap between research and practice.J Appl Psychol. 2006; 91: 567-578
Funding: There are no funding sources to report, and no authors received pharmaceutical industry funds for the preparation of this article or any related research.
Conflict of Interest: none.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.