Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation: a systematic review of stroke risk factors, risk stratification schema and cost effectiveness data.Thromb Haemost. 2008; 99: 295-304
- Validation of clinical classification schemes for predicting stroke: results from the National Registry of Atrial Fibrillation.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2864-2870
- Improving stroke risk stratification in atrial fibrillation.Am J Med. 2010; 123: 484-488
- Anticoagulation control and prediction of adverse events in patients with atrial fibrillation: a systematic review.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2008; 1: 84-91
- Warfarin treatment in patients with atrial fibrillation: observing outcomes associated with varying levels of INR control.Thromb Res. 2009; 124: 37-41
- Warfarin versus aspirin for stroke prevention in an elderly community population with atrial fibrillation (the Birmingham Atrial Fibrillation Treatment of the Aged Study, BAFTA): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2007; 370: 493-503
- Bleeding with anticoagulation therapy—who is at risk, and how best to identify such patients.Thromb Haemost. 2009; 102: 268-278
- Combined anticoagulant-antiplatelet use and major bleeding events in elderly atrial fibrillation patients.Stroke. 2004; 35: 2362-2367
- Clinical classification schemes for predicting hemorrhage: results from the National Registry of Atrial Fibrillation (NRAF).Am Heart J. 2006; 151: 713-719
- Prospective evaluation of an index for predicting the risk of major bleeding in outpatients treated with warfarin.Am J Med. 1998; 105: 91-99
- Prediction of the risk of bleeding during anticoagulant treatment for venous thromboembolism.Arch Intern Med. 1999; 159: 457-460
- A novel user-friendly score (HAS-BLED) to assess one-year risk of major bleeding in atrial fibrillation patients: the Euro Heart Survey.Chest. 2010;Mar 18; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Anticoagulation therapy and the risk of stroke in patients with Atrial Fibrillation at 'moderate risk' [CHADS2 score = 1]: simplifying stroke risk assessment and thromboprophylaxis in real-life clinical practice.Thromb Haemost. 2010; 4: 683-685
- Low-dose aspirin for prevention of stroke in low-risk patients with atrial fibrillation: Japan Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Trial.Stroke. 2006; 37: 447-451
- Meta-analysis: antithrombotic therapy to prevent stroke in patients who have nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146: 857-867
- A differential effect of aspirin in prevention of stroke on atrial fibrillation.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 1993; 3: 181-188
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach: the Euro Heart Survey on atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
Conflict of Interest: Dr. Lip has received funding for research, educational symposia, consultancy, and lecturing from different manufacturers of drugs used for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and thrombosis.
Authorship: The author had a full role in writing the manuscript.