Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Primary care: is there enough time for prevention?.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 635-641
- As mammography use increases, are some providers omitting clinical breast examination?.Arch Intern Med. 1996; 156: 741-744
- Breast cancer screening controversies.J Am Board Fam Pract. 2003; 16: 233-241
- Streamlining clinical breast examination.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005; 97: 1476-1477
- Breast cancer screening among women 65 to 74 years of age in 1987-88 and 1991.Ann Intern Med. 1992; 117: 961-966
- Trends in mammography and clinical breast examination: a population-based study.J Surg Res. 2007; 140: 214-219
- Causes of physician delay in the diagnosis of breast cancer.Arch Intern Med. 2002; 162: 1343-1348
- Overall clinical breast examination as a factor in delayed diagnosis of breast cancer.Arch Surg. 2002; 137: 1152-1156
- Structured clinical breast exam (CBE) training results in objective improvement in CBE skills.J Cancer Educ. 2002; 17: 124-127
- Improving physicians' and nurses' clinical breast examination: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Prev Med. 1991; 7: 1-8
- Observer variation in recording clinical data from women presenting with breast lesions.Br Med J. 1977; 2: 1196-1199
- Prospective evaluation of physical examination of the breast.Am J Surg. 1981; 142: 331-334
- Right and left breast volume distribution comparisons in normal and tumor containing breasts.Cancer Detect Prev. 1987; 10: 215-221
- An objective evaluation of breast symmetry and shape differences using 3-dimensional images.Ann Plast Surg. 2005; 55: 571-575
- Performance measures from 10 years of breast screening in the Ontario Breast Screening Program, 1990/91 to 2000.Eur J Cancer Prev. 2006; : 34-42
- Contribution of clinical breast examination to mammography screening in the early detection of breast cancer.J Med Screen. 2003; 10: 16-21
- What happened at Hawthorne?: new evidence suggests the Hawthorne effect resulted from operant reinforcement contingencies.Science. 1974; 183: 922-932
- A computerized reminder system to increase the use of preventive care for hospitalized patients.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 965-970
- Detection and description of small breast masses by residents using a standardized clinical breast exam curriculum.J Gen Intern Med. 2007; 23: 129-134
- Accuracy of screening for fecal occult blood on a single stool sample obtained by digital rectal examination: a comparison with recommended sampling practice.Ann Intern Med. 2005; 142: 81-85
- Does the clinical examination predict lower extremity peripheral arterial disease?.JAMA. 2006; 295: 536-546
Funding: Various donor funds held in the California Pacific Medical Center Foundation, San Francisco, California. No donations were from commercial entities.
Conflict of Interest: None of the authors have any conflicts of interest associated with the work presented in this manuscript.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.