Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The spectrum of thyroid disease in a community: the Whickham survey.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1977; 7: 481-493
- Clinical review: type 1 diabetes-associated autoimmunity: natural history, genetic associations, and screening.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 91: 1210-1217
- Clustering of autoimmune disease in parents of siblings from the type 1 diabetes Warren repository.Diabet Med. 2004; 21: 358-362
- Early disease onset and increased risk of other autoimmune diseases in familial generalized vitiligo.Pigment Cell Res. 2005; 18: 300-305
- High prevalence of thyroid autoimmunity in idiopathic Addison's disease.Autoimmunity. 1994; 18: 213-216
- Clustering of autoimmune diseases in families with a high-risk for multiple sclerosis: a descriptive study.Lancet Neurol. 2006; 5: 924-931
- Autoimmune disease in first-degree relatives of patients with multiple sclerosis.Brain. 2000; 123: 1102-1111
- Disease associations with autoimmune thyroid disease.Thyroid. 2002; 12: 977-988
- A population-based study of Graves' disease in Danish twins.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1998; 48: 397-400
- The incidence of thyroid disorders in the community: a twenty-year follow-up of the Whickham Survey.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1995; 43: 55-68
- Searching for the autoimmune thyroid disease susceptibility genes: from gene mapping to gene function.Endocr Rev. 2003; 24: 694-717
- Further evidence for a strong genetic influence on the development of autoimmune thyroid disease: the California twin study.Thyroid. 2002; 12: 647-653
- A population-based study of chronic autoimmune hypothyroidism in Danish twins.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000; 85: 536-539
- Association scan of 14,500 nonsynonymous SNPs in four diseases identifies autoimmunity variants.Nat Genet. 2007; 39: 1329-1337
- Influences of age, gender, smoking, and family history on autoimmune thyroid disease phenotype.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 91: 4873-4880
- Contribution of single nucleotide polymorphisms within FCRL3 and MAP3K7IP2 to the pathogenesis of Graves' disease.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 91: 1056-1061
- Modification of the classification of the eye changes of Graves' disease: recommendations of the Ad Hoc Committee of the American Thyroid Association.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1977; 44: 203-204
- The British Diabetic Association—Warren repository.Autoimmunity. 1990; 7: 83-85
- Estimation of the prevalence of diagnosed diabetes from primary care and secondary care source data: comparison of record linkage with capture-recapture analysis.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2002; 56: 18-23
- Multiple sclerosis susceptibility and the X chromosome.Mult Scler. 2007; 13: 856-864
- The prevalence and incidence of systemic lupus erythematosus in Birmingham, England.Arthritis Rheum. 1995; 38: 551-558
- Systemic lupus erythematosus prevalence in the UK: methodological issues when using the General Practice Research Database to estimate frequency of chronic relapsing-remitting disease.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2007; 16: 144-151
- Myasthenia gravis: a population based epidemiological study in Cambridgeshire, England.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1998; 65: 492-496
- Quality of life in patients with established inflammatory bowel disease: a UK general practice survey.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004; 19: 529-535
- Organ-specific autoantibodies in children with common endocrine diseases.J Pediatr. 1982; 100: 8-14
- Screening for thyroid dysfunction in a community population of diabetic patients.Diabet Med. 1998; 15: 148-150
- Robust associations of four new chromosome regions from genome-wide analyses of type 1 diabetes.Nat Genet. 2007; 39: 857-864
- The haematology of hyperthyroidism.Q J Med. 1978; 47: 35-47
- Presence of antideoxyribonucleic acid antibody in patients with hyperthyroidism of Graves' disease.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1987; 64: 405-408
- Association of the TSHR gene with Graves' disease: the first disease specific locus.Eur J Hum Genet. 2005; 13: 1223-1230
- Validity of self-reported hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism: comparison of self-reported questionnaire data with medical record review.Thyroid. 2001; 11: 769-773
- Celiac disease in the elderly.Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008; 5: 697-706
- Is it SLE?.Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2002; 16: 167-180
- Analysis of families in the multiple autoimmune disease genetics consortium (MADGC) collection: the PTPN22 620W allele associates with multiple autoimmune phenotypes.Am J Hum Genet. 2005; 76: 561-571
- The prevalence of multiple sclerosis in Tayside, Scotland: do latitudinal gradients really exist?.J Neurol. 1999; 246: 1033-1040
Funding: The study was supported by the Wellcome Trust. The study sponsor had no role in the study design; the collection, analysis, or interpretation of the data; the writing of the report; or the decision to submit the paper for publication.
Ethical Approval: The study was approved by a Multi Center Research Ethics Committee and corresponding Local Ethics Research Committees.
Conflict of Interest: None of the authors have any conflicts of interest associated with the work presented in this manuscript.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript. The corresponding author had full access to all the data in the study and had final responsibility for submission for publication.