Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Bleeding complications with warfarin use: a prevalent adverse effect resulting in regulatory action.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 1414-1419
- Systematic overview of warfarin and its drug and food interactions.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 1095-1106
- Comparison of bleeding in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation treated with ximelagatran or warfarin: assessment of incidence, case-fatality rate, time course and sites of bleeding, and risk factors for bleeding.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 853-859
- Effects of acid and lactone forms of eight HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors on CYP-mediated metabolism and MDR1-mediated transport.Pharm Res. 2006; 23: 506-512
- Frequency of concurrent use of warfarin with potentially interacting drugs.Pharmacotherapy. 2004; 24: 1668-1674
- The effect of simvastatin co-medication on warfarin anticoagulation response and dose requirements.Thromb Haemost. 2003; 89: 949-950
- Accessed August 10, 2007)
- Drug Facts & Comparisons 4.0.Accessed July 7, 2007)
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of fibric acid derivatives (fibrates).Clin Pharmacokinet. 1998; 34: 155-162
- Atorvastatin does not alter the anticoagulant activity of warfarin.J Clin Pharmacol. 1997; 37: 1062-1064
- Genetic polymorphisms in assessing interindividual variability in delivered dose.Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2002; 35: 177-197
- Gemfibrozil interaction with warfarin sodium (coumadin).Chest. 1990; 98: 1041-1042
- Potential interaction between warfarin and fluvastatin.Ann Pharmacother. 1996; 30: 1399-1402
- Potential warfarin-fluvastatin interaction.Ann Pharmacother. 1997; 31: 790
- Gemfibrozil-warfarin drug interaction resulting in profound hypoprothrombinemia.Chest. 1998; 114: 641-642
- Oral anticoagulant drug interactions with statins: case report of fluvastatin and review of the literature.Pharmacotherapy. 2004; 24: 285-290
- Trends in statin use and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels among US adults: impact of the 2001 National Cholesterol Education Program guidelines.Ann Pharmacother. 2008; 42: 1208-1215
- Medicaid databases.in: Strom B.L. Pharmacoepidemiology. 4th edn. John Wiley and Sons, Inc, Chichester, UK2005: 281-294
- Report to the Congress: New Approaches in Medicare.Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, Washington, DC2004
- Quality of Medicaid and Medicare data obtained through Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).Med Care. 2007; 45: 1216-1220
- Effect of a centralized clinical pharmacy anticoagulation service on the outcomes of anticoagulation therapy.Chest. 2005; 127: 1515-1522
- Validity of pharmacoepidemiologic drug and diagnosis data.in: Strom B.L. Pharmacoepidemiology. 4th edn. John Wiley and Sons, Inc, Chichester, UK2005: 709-766
- The exposure odds ratio in nested case-control studies with competing risks.Am J Epidemiol. 1986; 124: 684-692
- The depletion of susceptibles effect in the assessment of burden-of-illness: the example of age-related macular degeneration in the community-dwelling elderly population of Quebec.Can J Clin Pharmacol. 2008; 15: e22-e35
- The impact of confounder selection criteria on effect estimation.Am J Epidemiol. 1989; 129: 125-137
- Comparative pharmacokinetic interaction profiles of pravastatin, simvastatin, and atorvastatin when coadministered with cytochrome P450 inhibitors.Am J Cardiol. 2004; 94: 1140-1146
- Drug interactions with lipid-lowering drugs: mechanisms and clinical relevance.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2006; 80: 565-581
Funding: This project was funded by National Institute on Aging grant R01AG02152 . Apart from suggestions from reviewers during the peer review process, the funder had no role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; or preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript. Part of the infrastructure for this study was funded by the Clinical and Translational Science Award 5KL2RR024132.
Conflict of Interest: Dr. Schelleman has had travel to scientific conferences paid for by pharmacoepidemiology training funds contributed by pharmaceutical manufacturers. Dr. Bilker has consulted for Johnson & Johnson and Astra Zeneca, unrelated to warfarin, fibrates, and statins. Ms. Brensinger has consulted for a law firm representing Pfizer, unrelated to warfarin, fibrates, and statins. Dr. Yang has served as a consultant for AstraZeneca and has received grant support from AstraZeneca , Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories , and GlaxoSmithKline , unrelated to warfarin, fibrates, and statins. Dr. Hennessy has had funding from Pfizer and consulted for a law firm representing Bayer and Pfizer, unrelated to warfarin, fibrates, and statins. Mr. Wan had no potential conflict of interest to declare.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript.