Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Alzheimer's centennial legacy: prospects for rational therapeutic intervention targeting the Abeta amyloid pathway.Brain. 2006; 129: 2823-2839
- Mild cognitive impairment: clinical characterization and outcome.Arch Neurol. 1999; 56: 303-308
- Alzheimer's disease: initial report of the purification and characterization of a novel cerebrovascular amyloid protein.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1984; 120: 885-890
- The role of cerebral amyloid beta accumulation in common forms of Alzheimer disease.J Clin Invest. 2005; 115: 1121-1129
- Cholesterol, oxidative stress, and Alzheimer's disease: expanding the horizons of pathogenesis.Free Radic Biol Med. 2002; 33: 173-181
- Hypercholesterolemia accelerates the Alzheimer's amyloid pathology in a transgenic mouse model.Neurobiol Dis. 2000; 7: 321-331
- A cholesterol-lowering drug reduces beta-amyloid pathology in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.Neurobiol Dis. 2001; 8: 890-899
- Cholesterol depletion inhibits the generation of beta-amyloid in hippocampal neurons.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998; 95: 6460-6464
- Link between heart disease, cholesterol, and Alzheimer's disease: a review.Microsc Res Tech. 2000; 50: 287-290
- Mild hypercholesterolemia is an early risk factor for the development of Alzheimer amyloid pathology.Neurology. 2003; 61: 199-205
- Cholesterol as a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease—epidemiological evidence.Acta Neurol Scand Suppl. 2006; 185: 50-57
- Metabolic cardiovascular syndrome and risk of dementia in Japanese-American elderly men.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000; 20: 2255-2260
- Serum total cholesterol, apolipoprotein E epsilon 4 allele, and Alzheimer's disease.Neuroepidemiology. 1998; 17: 14-20
- Midlife cardiovascular risk factors and risk of dementia in late life.Neurology. 2005; 64: 277-281
- Apolipoprotein E epsilon4 allele, elevated midlife total cholesterol level, and high midlife systolic blood pressure are independent risk factors for late-life Alzheimer disease.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 137: 149-155
- Statins, incident Alzheimer disease, change in cognitive function, and neuropathology.Neurology. 2008; 70 (Epub 2008 Jan 16): 1795-1802
- Aging and total cholesterol levels: cohort, period, and survivorship effects.Am J Epidemiol. 1992; 136: 23-34
- Clearance of amyloid beta-peptide from brain: transport or metabolism?.Nat Med. 2000; 6: 718
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia.Atherosclerosis. 2004; 173: 55-68
- The relationship of molecular genetic to clinical diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolemia in a Danish population.Atherosclerosis. 2005; 180: 155-160
- The use of Achilles tendon sonography to distinguish familial hypercholesterolemia from other genetic dyslipidemias.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25: 2203-2208
- Familial hypercholesterolemia in Spain: case-finding program, clinical and genetic aspects.Semin Vasc Med. 2004; 4: 67-74
- The human LDL receptor: a cysteine-rich protein with multiple Alu sequences in its mRNA.Cell. 1984; 39: 27-38
- Development of a rating scale for primary depressive illness.Br J Soc Clin Psychol. 1967; 6: 278-296
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- Apolipoprotein E genotyping by one-stage PCR.Lancet. 1991; 337: 1158-1159
- A Compendium of Neuropsychological Tests: Administration, Norms, and Commentary.Oxford University Press, New York1998
- Mild cognitive impairment.Lancet. 2006; 367: 1262-1270
- Mild cognitive impairment (MCI) in medical practice: a critical review of the concept and new diagnostic procedure.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2006; 77: 714-718
- Alzheimer's disease and cholesterol: the fat connection.Neurochem Res. 2007; 32: 739-750
- Serum cholesterol changes after midlife and late-life cognition: twenty-one-year follow-up study.Neurology. 2007; 68: 751-756
- Twenty-six-year change in total cholesterol levels and incident dementia: the Honolulu-Asia Aging Study.Arch Neurol. 2007; 64: 103-107
- The preclinical phase of Alzheimer disease: a 22-year prospective study of the Framingham Cohort.Arch Neurol. 2000; 57: 808-813
- Lack of LDL receptor aggravates learning deficits and amyloid deposits in Alzheimer transgenic mice.Neurobiol Aging. 2006; 27: 1632-1643
Funding: National Institute on Aging (US) AG-022103, AG-10483; Alzheimer's Association Zenith award; the Spanish Ministry of Health (RT/C03-01 and RT/G03-181); the Familial Hypercolesterolemia Foundation of Spain and the Fundació Privada Catalana de Nutrició i Lípids, Barcelona, Spain.
Conflict of Interest: None of the authors have any conflicts of interest associated with the work presented in this manuscript.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.