Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effects of oral ibandronate administered daily or intermittently on fracture risk in postmenopausal osteoporosis.J Bone Miner Res. 2004; 19: 1241-1249
- Daily and intermittent oral ibandronate normalize bone turnover and provide significant reduction in vertebral fracture risk: results from the BONE study.Osteoporos Int. 2004; 15: 792-798
- Boniva Product Labeling.(vol v3.13)March 2005
- Monthly oral ibandronate therapy in postmenopausal osteoporosis: 1-year results from the MOBILE study.J Bone Miner Res. 2005; 20: 1315-1322
- Effect of dosing frequency on bisphosphonate medication adherence in a large longitudinal cohort of women.Mayo Clin Proc. 2005; 80: 856-861
- Persistence with bisphosphonate treatment for osteoporosis: finding the root of the problem.Am J Med. 2006; 119: S12-S17
- Compliance and persistence with bisphosphonate dosing regimens among women with postmenopausal osteoporosis.Curr Med Res Opin. 2005; 21: 1453-1460
- Compliance with osteoporosis medications.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 2414-2419
- Interventions to enhance medication adherence in chronic medical conditions: a systematic review.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 540-550
- Patient preference and adherence: comparative US studies between two bisphosphonates, weekly risedronate and monthly ibandronate.Curr Med Res Opin. 2006; 22: 2383-2391
- Patient preference for once-monthly ibandronate versus once-weekly alendronate in a randomized, open-label, cross-over trial: the Boniva Alendronate Trial in Osteoporosis (BALTO).Curr Med Res Opin. 2005; 21: 1895-1903
- Health Research Data for the Real World: The MarketScan Databases.Thomson Medstat, Ann Arbor, MI2005
- MarketScan Research Databases User Guide and Database Dictionary.Thomson Medstat, Ann Arbor, MI2006
- Validation of diagnoses of peptic ulcers and bleeding from administrative databases: a multi-health maintenance organization study.J Clin Epidemiol. 2002; 55: 310-313
- Using diagnoses to describe populations and predict costs.Health Care Financ Rev. 2000; 21: 7-28
- Measuring population health risks using inpatient diagnoses and outpatient pharmacy data.Health Serv Res. 2001; 36: 180-193
- Treatment persistence with once-monthly ibandronate and patient support vs once-weekly alendronate: results from the PERSIST study.Int J Clin Pract. 2006; 60: 896-905
- Persistence across weekly and monthly bisphosphonates: analysis of US retail pharmacy prescription refills.Curr Med Res Opin. 2007; 23: 2193-2203
- Women with postmenopausl osteoporosis express a preference for once-monthly ibandronate versus once-weekly bisphosphonate treatment.Female Patient. 2005; 30: 31-36
- Consequences of poor compliance with bisphosphonates.Bone. 2007; 41 (Epub 2007 Jul 18): 882-887
- Compliance with pharmacologic therapy for osteoporosis.Osteoporos Int. 2003; 14: 965-968
- Early discontinuation of treatment for osteoporosis.Am J Med. 2003; 115: 209-216
Funding: This study was funded in part by an unrestricted research grant from Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation , East Hanover, NJ.
Conflict of Interest: None of the authors have any conflicts of interest associated with the work presented in this manuscript.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.