Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence and types of adverse events and negligent care in Utah and Colorado.Med Care. 2000; 38: 261-271
- Incidence of adverse events and negligence in hospitalized patients. Results of the Harvard Medical Practice Study I.N Engl J Med. 1991; 324: 370-376
- Adverse events in British hospitals.BMJ. 2001; 322: 517-519
- The Quality in Australian Health Care Study.Med J Aust. 1995; 163: 458-471
- Adverse events among medical patients after discharge from hospital.CMAJ. 2004; 170: 345-349
- Effective comprehensive discharge planning for hospitalized elderly.Gerontologist. 1987; 27: 577-580
- Reducing hospital costs for the geriatric patient admitted from the emergency department.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1994; 42: 1045-1049
- Evaluating hospital discharge planning.Med Care. 1993; 31: 358-370
- Comprehensive discharge planning for the hospitalized elderly. A randomized clinical trial.Ann Intern Med. 1994; 120: 999-1006
- Comprehensive discharge planning and home follow-up of hospitalized elders.JAMA. 1999; 281: 613-620
- Randomised controlled trial of specialist nurse intervention in heart failure.BMJ. 2001; 323: 715-718
- Effects of a medical team coordinator on length of hospital stay.CMAJ. 1992; 146: 511-515
- Development and validation of a prognostic index for 1-year mortality in older adults after hospitalization.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2987-2994
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Patients evaluate their hospital care.Health Aff. 1991; 10: 254-267
- The incidence and severity of adverse events affecting patients after discharge from the hospital.Ann Intern Med. 2003; 138: 161-167
- Clinical Trials.(71–89) Oxford University Press, New York, New York1986
- Patient satisfaction and quality of care in walk-in clinics, family practices and emergency departments.CMAJ. 2003; 168: 977-983
Dr. Forster is the PSI Foundation Fellow for Innovative Health Services Research. Dr. van Walraven is an Ontario Ministry of Health Career Scientist. This study was partly supported by an Ontario Premier’s Research Excellence Award. This project was funded by the Ottawa Internists Research Group.