Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- LDL particle size in relation to insulin, proinsulin, and insulin sensitivity.Diabetes Care. 1999; 10: 1688-1693
- Low-density lipoprotein particle size, central obesity, cardiovascular fitness, and insulin resistance syndrome markers in obese youths.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2002; 26: 1030-1035
- Low carbohydrate as compared to low fat diet in severe obesity.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2074-2081
- A multi-center, randomized, controlled trial of a low-carbohydrate diet for obesity.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2082-2090
Executive Summary of the Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA. 2001;285:2486–2497.
- Measurement issues related to lipoprotein heterogeneity.Am J Cardiol. 2002; 90: 22i-29i
- Low-density lipoprotein particle concentration and size as determined by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy as predictors of cardiovascular disease in women.Circulation. 2002; 106: 1930-1937
- Changes in lipoprotein subfractions during diet-induced and exercise-induced weight loss in moderately overweight men.Circulation. 1990; 81: 1293-1304
- Chronic subclinical inflammation as part of the insulin resistance syndrome.Circulation. 2000; 102: 42-47
ATP III Final Report. II. Rationale for intervention. Circulation. 2002;106:3163–3223.
- Markers of chronic inflammation and obesity.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2002; 26: 659-662
- Weight loss reduces C-reactive protein levels in obese postmenopausal women.Circulation. 2002; 105: 564-569
- Differentiation between obesity and insulin resistance in the association with C-reactive protein.Circulation. 2002; 106: 2908-2912
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Obesity education initiative. In: Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Education, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: The Evidence Report. Bethesda, Maryland: National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases; 1998. NIH Publication No. 98-4083.
- Validity of the 24-hour dietary recall.Contin Educ. 1985; 85: 1437-1442
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein in plasma, without the use of preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- Quantitative insulin sensitivity check index.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000; 85: 2402-2410
- Development of a proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic method for determining plasma lipoprotein concentrations and subspecies distributions from a single, rapid measurement.Clin Chem. 1992; 38: 1632-1638
- Relation of lipoprotein subclasses as measured by proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to coronary artery disease.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1998; 18: 1046-1053
- Hepatic lipase influences high density lipoprotein subclass distribution in normotriglyceridemic men.J Lipid Res. 1999; 40: 229-234
- Measurement of lipoprotein subclass profiles by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.Clin Lab. 2002; 48: 171-180
- Diet, obesity, and cardiovascular risk.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2057-2058
- Prediction of angiographic change in native human coronary arteries and aortocoronary bypass grafts.Circulation. 1990; 81: 470-476
- Lipoprotein subclasses in the Monitored Atherosclerosis Regression Study (MARS).Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1996; 16: 697-704
Karpe F, Steiner G, Olivecrona T, Carlson LA, Hamsten A. Metabolism of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins during alimentary lipemia. J Clin Invest. 1993;91:3:748–758.
- Relationship between plasma insulin concentration and plasma remnant lipoprotein response to an oral fat load in patients with type 2 diabetes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 38: 1628-1632
- Is hypertriglyceridemia a risk factor for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease? A simple question with a complicated answer.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 126: 912-914
- Lipid Disorders.Handbooks in Healthcare Co., Newtown, Pennsylvania2001
- Small, dense low-density lipoprotein particles as a predictor of the risk of ischemic heart disease in men.Circulation. 1997; 95: 69-75
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of lipoproteins and risk of coronary heart disease in the cardiovascular health study.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2002; 22: 1175-1180
- Associations of high density lipoprotein subclasses and apolipoproteins with ischemic heart disease and coronary atherosclerosis.Am Heart J. 1987; 113: 589-597
- High density lipoproteins and coronary atherosclerosis.Arterioscler Thromb. 1991; 11: 174-182
Supported by funding from the Veterans Affairs Healthcare Network Competitive Pilot Project Grant.