Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Impaired glucose tolerance and the likelihood of nonfatal stroke and myocardial infarction.Stroke. 1998; 29: 1329-1332
- Hypertension and borderline isolated systolic hypertension increase risks of cardiovascular disease and mortality in male physicians.Circulation. 1997; 95: 1132-1137
- The Framingham Study.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2000; 6: 60-66
- Impotence and its medical and psychosocial correlates.J Urol. 1994; 151: 54-61
- Physical exertion as a trigger of myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death.Cardiol Clin. 1996; 14: 263-270
Muller JE, Mittleman MA, Maclure M, Sherwood JB, Tofler GH, for the Determinants of Myocardial Infarction Onset Study Investigators. Triggering myocardial infarction by sexual activity: low absolute risk and prevention by regular physical exertion. JAMA. 1996;275:1405–1409.
- Cardiovascular effects of sildenafil citrate and recommendations for its use.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 84: 11N-17N
- Sexual activity triggering myocardial infarction.JAMA. 1996; 275: 1447-1448
- Myocardial ischemia during sexual activity in patients with coronary artery disease.Am J Cardiol. 1995; 75: 835-837
- ACC/AHA expert consensus document. Use of sildenafil (Viagra) in patients with cardiovascular disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 273-282
- NIH Consensus Conference.JAMA. 1993; 270: 83-90
- The epidemiology of erectile dysfunction.Urol Clin North Am. 1995; 22: 699-709
- Sildenafil citrate and blood pressure–lowering drugs.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 83: 21C-28C
- Erectile dysfunction and sildenafil citrate and cardiologists.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 83: 576-582
- Overall cardiovascular profile of sildenafil citrate.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 83: 35C-44C
- Effect of sildenafil citrate on human hemodynamics.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 83: 13C-20C
- Hemodynamic effects of sildenafil in men with severe coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1622-1626
Ishikura F, Ueda H, Hamada T, et al. Effects of sildenafil citrate (Viagra) on coronary flow in dogs with severe coronary stenosis [abstract 501285]. Circulation. 1999;100(suppl I):I-490.
Traverse JH, Du R, Chen YJ, et al. Sildenafil (Viagra) improves coronary blood flow distal to a coronary stenosis during exercise. 72nd Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association; November 7–10, 1999; Atlanta, Georgia. Abstract 1000.
- Tissue distribution of phosphodiesterase families and the effects of sildenafil on tissue cyclic nucleotides, platelet function, and the contractile responses of trabeculae carneae and aortic rings in vitro.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 83: 3C-12C
Webb DJ, Muirhead GJ, Wulff M, Sutton A, Levi R, Dinsmore WW. Sildenafil citrate potentiates the hypotensive effects of nitric oxide donor drugs in male patients with stable angina. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;36:25–31.
Viagra [package insert]. New York: Pfizer Inc, 1999.
Data on file. New York: Pfizer Inc.
Kloner RA, Brown M, Prisant LM, Collins M, for the Sildenafil Study Group. Efficacy and safety of Viagra (sildenafil citrate) in patients with erectile dysfunction taking concomitant antihypertensive therapy. Am J Hypertens. In press.
- Efficacy and safety of sildenafil citrate in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in patients with ischemic heart disease.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 83: 29C-34C
- Efficacy and safety of Viagra (sildenafil citrate) in men with cardiovascular disease and erectile dysfunction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 329
- Clinical safety of oral sildenafil citrate (VIAGRA) in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.Int J Impot Res. 1998; 10: 69-74
- Incidence of myocardial infarction and death in 53 clinical trials of Viagra (sildenafil citrate).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 302
- Viagra and cardiovascular disease.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 1999; 4: 259-267
- Adverse cardiovascular events associated with the use of Viagra.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 553
- Effects of sildenafil on cAMP and cGMP in isolated human cavernous and cardiac tissue.Urology. 2000; 55: 146-150
Lepore JJ, Pereira N, Maroo A, et al. Sildenafil is a pulmonary vasodilator which augments and prolongs vasodilatation by inhaled nitric oxide in patients with pulmonary hypertension. 72nd Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association; November 7–10, 1999; Atlanta, Georgia. Abstract 107514. Circulation 2000;100(suppl I).
Katz SD, Balidemaj K, Homma S, Wu H, Maybaum S. Acute type 5 phosphodiesterase inhibition with sildenafil enhances flow-mediated vasodilation in patients with chronic heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol 2000;36(suppl I):845–851.
- Penile prostheses.Urol Clin North Am. 1989; 16: 7-12
Linet OI, Ogring FG, for the Alprostadil Study Group. Efficacy and safety of intracavernosal alprostadil in men with erectile dysfunction. N Engl J Med. 1996;334:873–877.
Padma-Nathan H, Hellstrom WJG, Kaiser FE, et al, for the Medicated Urethral System for Erection (MUSE) Study Group. Treatment of men with erectile dysfunction with transurethral alprostadil. N Engl J Med. 1997;336:1–7.
Hedlund H, Hedlund P. Pharmacotherapy in erectile dysfunction: agents for self-injection programs and alternative application models. Scand J Urol Nephrol Suppl.1996;179:129–138.