Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Changes in diabetes-related complications in the United States, 1990-2010.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1514-1523
- Executive summary of the third report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).JAMA. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
- The seventh report of the Joint National Committee on prevention, detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood pressure: the JNC 7 report.JAMA. 2003; 289: 2560-2572
- Executive summary: standards of medical care in diabetes–2011.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: S4-S10
- International prevalence, recognition, and treatment of cardiovascular risk factors in outpatients with atherothrombosis.JAMA. 2006; 295: 180-189
- Risk factor control for coronary artery disease secondary prevention in large randomized trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 1607-1615
- Achievement of optimal medical therapy goals for U.S. adults with coronary artery disease: results from the REGARDS Study (REasons for Geographic And Racial Differences in Stroke).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 1626-1633
McCarthy D., Mueller K., Wrenn J. Kaiser Permanente: Bridging the Quality Divide with Integrated Practice, Group Accountability, and Health Information Technology, The Commonwealth Fund, June 2009.
- Improved blood pressure control associated with a large-scale hypertension program.JAMA. 2013; 310: 699-705
- HEDIS & performance measurement.(Available at)http://www.ncqa.org/HEDISQualityMeasurement.aspxDate accessed: December 5, 2017
- Elevated rates of diabetes in Pacific Islanders and Asian subgroups: the Diabetes Study of Northern California (DISTANCE).Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 574-579
- Interventions to improve the management of diabetes in primary care, outpatient, and community settings: a systematic review.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 1821-1833
- Impact of automated calls with nurse follow-up on diabetes treatment outcomes in a Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care System: a randomized controlled trial.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 202-208
- Evaluation of a nurse-care management system to improve outcomes in patients with complicated diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 1058-1063
- The nurse specialist as main care-provider for patients with type 2 diabetes in a primary care setting: effects on patient outcomes.Int J Nurs Stud. 2002; 39: 441-451
- The Asheville Project: long-term clinical and economic outcomes of a community pharmacy diabetes care program.J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash). 2003; 43: 173-184
- Sensitivity of patient outcomes to pharmacist interventions. Part I: systematic review and meta-analysis in diabetes management.Ann Pharmacother. 2007; 41: 1569-1582
- Effects of pharmacist outpatient interventions on adults with diabetes mellitus: a systematic review.Pharmacotherapy. 2008; 28: 421-436
- Permutation tests for joinpoint regression with applications to cancer rates.Stat Med. 2000; 19: 335-351
- Estimating average annual per cent change in trend analysis.Stat Med. 2009; 28: 3670-3682
- Joinpoint Regression Program: Statistical Methodology and Applications Branch, Surveillance Research Program.(National Cancer Institute; Available at)
- The Kaiser Permanente Northern California Story: improving hypertension control from 44% to 90% in 13 years (2000 to 2013).J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2016; 18: 260-261
- A population-based approach to diabetes management in a primary care setting: early results and lessons learned.Eff Clin Pract. 1998; 1: 12-22
- Blood pressure control among US veterans: a large multiyear analysis of blood pressure data from the Veterans Administration health data repository.Circulation. 2012; 125: 2462-2468
- Creating community collaboration to improve the care of patients with high blood pressure: lessons from Rochester, New York.J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2012; 14: 178-183
- Protocol-based treatment of hypertension: a critical step on the pathway to progress.JAMA. 2014; 311: 21-22
- Community-based trends in acute myocardial infarction from 2008 to 2014.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: 666-668
- Comprehensive cardiovascular risk factor control improves survival: the BARI 2D trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 765-773
- Multifactorial intervention and cardiovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 383-393
- Effects of intensive glucose lowering in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2545-2559
- Intensive blood glucose control and vascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2560-2572
The Performance Improvement Imperative: Utilizing a Coordinated, Community-Based Approach to Enhance Care and Lower Costs for Chronically Ill Patients.
- Implementation of an outpatient electronic health record and emergency department visits, hospitalizations, and office visits among patients with diabetes.JAMA. 2013; 310: 1060-1065
- Recent trends in cardiovascular mortality in the United States and public health goals.JAMA Cardiol. 2016; 1: 594-599
- More value from payment reform in health care and biomedical innovation.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1653-1654
- Putting the health of communities and populations first.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1649-1650
- The “Million Hearts” initiative–preventing heart attacks and strokes.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: e27
Funding: This project was supported by funding from a Kaiser Permanente Northern California Community Benefit grant. The funding sources had no role in study design, data collection, data analysis, data interpretation, or writing of the report.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and had a role in writing the manuscript.