Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Perioperative management of patients receiving oral anticoagulants: a systematic review.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 901-908
- When patients on warfarin need surgery.Cleve Clin J Med. 2003; 70: 973-984
- The management of anticoagulation during noncardiac operations in patients with prosthetic heart valves.Am Heart J. 1978; 96: 163-165
- Bridging therapy in patients on long-term oral anticoagulants who require surgery: the prospective perioperative enoxaparin cohort trial (PROSPECT).J Thromb Haemost. 2007; 5: 2211-2218
- Subcutaneous enoxaparin for outpatient anticoagulation therapy in a patient with an aortic valve replacement.Pharmacotherapy. 1998; 18: 408-412
- Discontinuing anticoagulant therapy in surgical patients with cardiac valve prostheses.JAMA. 1978; 239: 738-739
- Perioperative bleeding and thromboembolic risk during non-cardiac surgery in patients with mechanical prosthetic heart valves: an institutional review.J Heart Valve Dis. 1999; 8: 392-398
- Use of enoxaparin for the chronically anticoagulated patient before and after procedures.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 84 (A10): 478-480
- Dalteparin as periprocedure anticoagulation for patients on warfarin and at high risk of thrombosis.Ann Pharmacother. 2001; 35: 669-674
- Experience with enoxaparin in patients with mechanical heart valves who must withhold acenocumarol.Heart. 2003; 89: 527-530
- Low-molecular-weight heparin as bridging anticoagulation during interruption of warfarin: assessment of a standardized periprocedural anticoagulation regimen.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 1319-1326
- Clinical outcomes with unfractionated heparin or low-molecular-weight heparin as bridging therapy in patients on long-term oral anticoagulants: the REGIMEN registry.J Thromb Haemost. 2006; 4: 1246-1252
- Single-arm study of bridging therapy with low-molecular-weight heparin for patients at risk of arterial embolism who require temporary interruption of warfarin.Circulation. 2004; 110: 1658-1663
- ACC/AHA 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (writing committee to revise the 1998 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Valvular Heart Disease): developed in collaboration with the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists: endorsed by the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.Circulation. 2006; 114: e84-e231
- The perioperative management of warfarin therapy.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 881-883
- Perioperative management of patients receiving oral anticoagulants.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163 (author reply 2533): 2532-2533
- The management of anticoagulation before and after procedures.Med Clin North Am. 2001; 85: 1109-1116
- A disease management protocol for outpatient perioperative bridge therapy with enoxaparin in patients requiring temporary interruption of long-term oral anticoagulation.Pharmacotherapy. 2004; 24: 649-658
- Issues in anticoagulant therapy: recent trials start to answer the tough questions.Cleve Clin J Med. 2005; 72: 157-163
- The implications of regional variations in Medicare spending.Ann Intern Med. 2003; 138: 273-287
- Anticoagulant-related bleeding: clinical epidemiology, prediction, and prevention.Am J Med. 1993; 95: 315-328
- Prospective evaluation of an index for predicting the risk of major bleeding in outpatients treated with warfarin.Am J Med. 1998; 105: 91-99
- Preoperative assessment of the ambulatory and same-day admission patient.Wellcome Trend Anesthesiol. 1991; 9: 3-11
- Propensity score methods for bias reduction in the comparison of a treatment to a non-randomized control group.Stat Med. 1998; 17: 2265-2281
- Risk of thromboembolism with short-term interruption of warfarin therapy.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 63-69
Funding: This study was funded by an investigator sponsored grant from Astra-Zeneca International . Additional funding was provided by the Johns Hopkins Hospitalist Scholars Program.
Conflict of Interest: Dr Jaffer has received a research grant from Astra Zeneca and served as a consultant to Astra Zeneca. Dr White has received funding from Astra-Zeneca International for other investigator-initiated studies. All other authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and played a role in writing this manuscript.