Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Valvular heart disease associated with fenfluramine-phentermine.N Engl J Med. 1997; 337: 581-588
Paul R. Thomas, ed., and the Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine, Committee to Develop Criteria for Evaluating the Outcomes of Approaches to Prevent and Treat Obesity. Weighing the Options: Criteria for Evaluating Weight Management Programs. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1995.
- Weight control practices of U.S. adults trying to lose weight.Ann Int Med. 1993; 119: 661-666
- Improved psychological well-being, quality of life and health practices in moderately overweight women participating in a 12-week structured weight loss program.Obes Res. 1998; 6: 208-218
- An initial evaluation of a commercial weight loss program.Obes Res. 1999; 7: 51-59
Taylor CB, Stunkard AJ. Public health approaches to weight control. In: Stunkard AJ, Wadden TA, eds. Obesity: Theory and Therapy, 2nd ed. New York: Raven Press, 1993:335–353.
- A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight reduction program for the treatment of marked obesity.Arch Intern Med. 1992; 152: 961-966
The U.S. Weight Loss and Diet Control Market, 5th ed. Tampa, FL: Marketdata Enterprises, 1998.
- Major lifestyle determinants of plasma total homocysteine distribution.Am J Clin Nutr. 1998; 67: 263-270
Eating Smart, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, Chicago, IL 1996.
Fitting Fitness In, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, Chicago, IL 1996.
Physical Activity, and Cardiovascular Health. NIH Consensus Statement. December 18–20, 1995;13(3):1–33.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, PHS. NHANES III Anthropometric Procedures Video. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office, Public Health Service, 1996.
- Intention-to-treat analysis and the goals of clinical trials.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1995; 57: 6-15
- Regional obesity and risk of cardiovascular disease.J Clin Epidemiol. 1991; 44: 183-190
- Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults—the Evidence Report.Obes Res. 1998; 6: 51S-210S
- Sibutramine produces dose-related weight loss.Obes Res. 1999; 7: 189-198
- Weight control and risk factor reduction in obese subjects treated for 2 years with orlistat.JAMA. 1999; 281: 235-242
- Long-term maintenance of weight loss.Health Psych. 2000; 19: 5-16
- High attrition rates in commercial weight reduction programs.Arch Intern Med. 1981; 141: 426-428
- Correlates of weight loss and its maintenance over two years of follow-up among middle-aged men.Prev Med. 1984; 13: 155-168
- Clinical correlates of short- and long-term weight loss.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 56: 271s-274s
- Long-term intervention strategies in obesity treatment.Int J Obes. 1995; 19: S29-S33
- Quantitative assessment of plasma homocysteine as a risk factor for vascular disease.JAMA. 1995; 274: 1049-1057
Position of the American Dietetic Association. Vitamin and mineral supplementation. J Am Diet Assoc. 1996;96:73–77.
☆Supported by a grant from the Weight Watchers Foundation.