Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Theophylline.in: Middleton Jr, E Reed CE Ellis EF Allergy: principles and practice. CV Mosby, St. Louis1983: 535-574
- Histamine release in vitro: inhibition by catecholamines and methylxanthines.Science. 1968; 161: 902-903
- Methylxanthine phosphodiesterase inhibitors behave as prostaglandin antagonists in a perfused rat mesenteric artery preparation.Prostaglandins. 1977; 13: 33-40
- The stimulus-secretion coupling of glucose-induced insulin release. VII. A proposed site of action for adenosine 3151-cyclic monophosphate.J Clin Invest. 1972; 51: 232-241
- Adenosine-induced bronchoconstriction in asthma.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1984; 129: 380-384
- Mediator release after nasal airway challenge with allergen.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1983; 128: 597-602
- Kinins are generated in vivo following nasal airway challenge of allergic individuals with allergen.J Clin Invest. 1983; 72: 1678-1685
- An automated continuous-flow system for the extraction and fluorometric analysis of histamine.Anal Biochem. 1974; 57: 383-394
- Radiochemical assays for human urinary, salivary and plasma kallikreins.in: Pisano JJ Austen KF Chemistry and biology of the kallikrein-kinin system in health and disease (DHEW publication no. NIH-76-791). U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington1976: 205-213
- Assessment of oral antiasthmatic drugs by inhalation challenges.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1979; 64: 685-688
- Effect of theophylline, terbutaline and prednisone on antigen-induced bronchospasm and mediator release.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1980; 66: 204-210
- Failure of aminophylline pretreatment to prevent antigen-induced bronchospasm.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1980; 65 (abstr): 180
- Effect of theophylline, terbutaline, and their combination on the immediate hypersensitivity skin-test reaction.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1980; 66: 123-128
- The immediate allergic response: in vitro action of cyclic AMP-active and other drugs on the two stages of histamine release.J Immunol. 1971; 107: 1131-1136
- Cyclic AMP agonist inhibition increases at low levels of histamine release from human basophils.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1981; 218: 642-646
- Effects of enprofylline and theophylline on purified human basophils.Allergy. 1984; 39: 515-520
☆This was supported by grants AI-07290, AI-08270, HL-32272, AI-04866, NS22488, and AI-201135 from the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, and by a grant from Purdue Frederick Corporation.