Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The nonpharmacologic basis of therapeutics.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1972; 13: 157-158
- Prescribing patterns of physicians.J Chronic Dis. 1969; 22: 395-405
- Prescribing habits of physicians.Drug Intell Clin Pharm. 1974; 8: 85
- Drug product advertising and prescribing: a review of the evidence.Am J Hosp Pharm. 1977; 34: 1208-1224
- Review of literature on the factors affecting drug prescribing.Soc Sci Med. 1975; 9: 111-115
- Vasodilators in senile dementias: a review of the literature.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1979; 36: 220-223
- Drug theapy: vasodilator drugs in peripheral vascular disease.N Engl J Med. 1979; 300: 713-717
- Vasodilators.in: Gilman AG Goodman LS Gilman A The pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 6th ed. Macmillan, New York1980: 819-833
- Psychiatric symptoms and cognitive loss in the elderly.John Wiley and Sons, New York1979
- Alzheimer's disease: senile dementia and related disorders. Aging. Vol. 7. Raven Press, New York1978
- Propoxyphene hydrochloride: a critical review.JAMA. 1970; 213: 996-1006
- A comparative evaluation of marketed analgesic drugs.N Engl J Med. 1972; 286: 813-815
- Relief of pain by oral medications.JAMA. 1974; 229: 55-59
- Propoxyphene napsylate.Ann Intern Med. 1976; 85: 619-621
- Drug therapy: the mild analgetics.N Engl J Med. 1972; 286: 20-23
- Drug topics redbook. Medical Economics, Oradell, N.J1980
- County and city data book. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C1978
- Directory of Physicians in the United States. American Medical Association, Chicago1979
- National Prescription Audit. IMS America, Ambler, Pennsylvania1980
- The prescribing habits of physicians.Hosp Pract. 1967; : 101-104
- Images of health, illness, and women in drug advertising.J Drug Issues. 1974; 4: 264-267
- Portrayal of the elderly in prescription drug advertising.Gerontologist. 1976; : 329-334
- Attitudes of the medical profession toward drug abuse.Am J Public Health. 1973; 63: 1035-1039
- Medicine and ethnology: selected essays.Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD1962
- The forest of symbols: aspects of Ndembu ritual.Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY1967
- De-Marketing strategies in prescription drug use.Ann World Assn Med Informatics. 1981; 1: 13-19
Avorn J, Soumerai S: Use of computer-based Medicaid drug data to analyze and correct inappropriate medication use. J Med Syst (in press).
- Improving drug utilization in primary care practice.Clin Res. 1982; 30 (abstract): 637A
☆Supported in part by grant HS 03880 from the National Center for Health Services Research, Hyattsville, Maryland and by a grant from The Medical Foundation, Boston, Massachusetts.