Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Treatment for drug abusers in the United States.Addict Dis. 1977; 3: 11-20
- Problem drinking by drug addicts and its implications.in: 4th ed. Final report: National Institute of Drug Abuse. NIDA, Rockville, Maryland1977 (Grant IH81 DA 01113)
- Use of alcohol by addict and nonaddict populations.Am J Psychiatry. 1973; 130: 599-601
- Alcohol use among narcotic addicts.Alcohol World. 1973; 1: 25-28
- Hepatic dysfunction and alcoholism: the role of alcohol.JAMA. 1972; 222: 811-812
- Alcoholism and methadone maintenance.Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 1973; 1: 79-89
- Problem drinkers among patients on methadone.Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 1975; 2: 245-254
- Abstinence-relapse patterns among heroin addicts receiving methadone treatment on an outpatient basis.in: Proceedings of the Third National Conference on Methadone Treatment. NAPAN, New York1970: 61-65
- Physiologic implications of methadone treatment.in: Proceedings of the Fifth National Conference on Methadone Treatment, Washington, D.C. 1973 NAPAN, New York1973: 824-835
- A follow-up study of successfully detoxified methadone maintenance patients.in: Proceedings of the Fifth National Conference on Methadone Treatment. NAPAN, New York1973: 61-65
- Alcoholism among methadone patients.Am J Psychiatry. 1973; 130: 483-490
- A follow-up of narcotic addicts: mortality, relapse and abstinence.Am J Orthopsychiatry. 1964; 34: 948-954
- A twelve year follow-up of New York narcotic addicts: some characteristics and determinants of abstinence.Am J Psychiatry. 1966; 123: 573-585
- Quantitative and temporal relationships of alcohol use in narcotic addicts and methadone maintenance patients undergoing alcohol detoxification.Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 1978; 5: 191-198
- Alcohol consumption in persons on methadone maintenance.Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 1982; 9: 69-76
- Criteria for the diagnosis of alcoholism by the Criteria Committee, National Council on Alcoholism.Am J Psychiatry. 1972; 129: 2
- Evaluation of methadone maintenance programs.Int J Addict. 1970; 5: 517-543
- Use of alcohol by DARP patients in treatment for drug abuse 1969–1971.in: 4th ed. Admissions 1BR report No. 73-7. Texas Christian University, Fort Worth1973
- Drinking practices and problems in urban ghetto populations.in: Presented at Recent Advances in Studies of Alcoholism Conference. National Center for the Prevention and Control of Alcoholism, Washington, D.C1970
- Methadone, wine and welfare.in: Weppner R Ethnography of drugs and crime. Russell Sage Foundation, New York1977
- Validity of alcoholics' self reports: duration data.Int J Addict. 1981; 16: 401-406
- Outpatient alcoholics give valid self reports.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1974; 161: 32-42
Stimmel B, Sturiano V, Hanbury R, Korts D, Cohen M: Is treatment for alcoholism effective in persons on methadone maintenance: a randomized control study. Am J Psychiatry (in press).
☆This work was supported in part by Grant H81 DA 01908 from the National Institute of Drug Abuse, Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Mental Health Administration, and grants from the State of New York, Division of Substance Abuse Services.