Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intermittent acute porphyria. Demonstration of a genetic defect in porphobilinogen metabolism.N Engl J Med. 1972; 286: 1277
- A microassay for uroporphyrinogen I synthase, one of three abnormal enzyme activities in acute intermittent porphyria, and its application to the study of the genetics of this disease.in: 4th ed. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 71. 1974: 732
- Studies in porphyria. IV. Expression of the gene defect of acute intermittent porphyria in cultured human skin fibroblasts and amniotic cells: prenatal diagnosis of the porphyric trait.J Exp Med. 1975; 142: 722
- Erythropoietic protoporphyria and lead intoxication. The molecular basis for difference in cutaneous photosensitivity. II. Different binding of erythrocyte protoporphyrin to hemoglobin.J Clin Invest. 1975; 56: 1528
- Studies in lead poisoning. II. Correlation between the ratio of activated to inactivated δ-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase of whole blood and the blood lead level.Biochem Med. 1973; 8: 149
- Studies in lead poisoning. I. Microanalysis of erythrocyte protoporphyrin levels by spectrofluorometry in the detection of chronic lead intoxication in the subclinical range.Biochem Med. 1973; 8: 135
- The Red Cell.in: Harvard University Press, Cambridge1970: 468
- Red Cell Metabolism, a Manual of Biochemical Methods. Grune & Stratton, New York1975 4th ed.
- Studies on the mechanism of aging of human red blood cells.Ann NY Acad Sci. 1958; 75: 95
- Studies on the inheritance of human erythrocyte δ-aminolevulinate dehydratase and uroporphyrinogen synthetase.Enzyme. 1973; 16: 326
- New methylene blue as a reticulocyte stain.Am J Clin Pathol. 1949; 19: 895
- Influence of temperature and method of centrifugation on the separation of erythrocytes.J Lab Clin Med. 1973; 82: 334
- δ-Aminolevulinic acid synthetase and the control of heme and chlorophyll synthesis.in: 4th ed. Metabolic Regulation. vol 5. Academic Press, New York1971: 77
- Genetic control of hepatic δ-aminolevulinate dehydratase in mice.Genetics. 1963; 48: 1033
- Linkage analysis using biochemical variants in mice. II. Levulinate dehydratase and autosomal glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase.Biochem Genet. 1969; 3: 517
- Levels of δ-aminolevulinate dehydratase, uroporphyrinogen-I-synthase, and protoporphyrin IX in erythrocytes from anemic mutant mice.in: 4th ed. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 74. 1977: 1181
- Assays for porphyrins, δ-aminolevulinic-acid dehydratase, and porphyrinogen synthetase in microliter samples of whole blood: applications to metabolic defects involving the heme pathway.in: 4th ed. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 69. 1972: 2381
- In vitro porphyrin synthesis by human blood porphyrin synthesis by thalassemic erythrocytes.J Lab Clin Med. 1964; 63: 754
- In vitro porphobilinogen and porphyrin synthesis in thalassemia major and sickle cell anemia.Ann NY Acad Sci. 1964; 119: 540
- Disturbances of Heme Synthesis.Charles C Thomas, Springfield1964
- In vivo lability of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in GdA− and GDMediterranean deficiency.J Clin Invest. 1968; 47: 940
- Blood volume and bilirubin production in acute intermittent porphyria.N Engl J Med. 1971; 284: 17
- Detection of intermittent acute porphyria trait in children.Lancet. 1976; 2: 201
☆This study was presented in part at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology, Boston, Massachusetts, December 6, 1976. It was supported in part by U.S. Public Health Service Grant No. ES 01055 and by American Cancer Society Grant No. 180A.