Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The liberation of renin by perfusion of kidneys following reduction of pulse pressure.J Exp Med. 1940; 72: 201
- Vasoconstriction-volume analysis for understanding and treating hypertension: the use of renin and aldosterone profiles.Am J Med. 1973; 55: 261
- Renin, angiotensin and aldosterone system in pathogenesis and management of hypertensive vascular disease.Am J Med. 1972; 52: 633
- Role of the pressor action of angiotensin II in experimental hypertension.Circ Res. 1971; 29: 673
- Hypertension in man: Exposure of the renin and sodium components using angiotensin II blockade.Circ Res. 1974; 34: I-35
- Use of an angiotensin II antagonist (saralasin) in the recognition of “angiotensino-genic” hypertension.N Engl J Med. 1975; 292: 657
- Limitations and usefulness of saralasin, a partial competitive agonist of angiotensin II for evaluating the renin and sodium factors in hypertensive patients.Am J Med. 1976; 60: 825
- Role of the renin system in normo- and hypertension.Acta Pathol Microbiol Scand (A). 1973; 81: 254
- Malignant hypertension resulting from deoxycorticosterone acetate and salt excess.Circ Res. 1975; 36: 300
- Identifying angiotensin-dependent hypertension: a comparison of two different angiotensin inhibitors and renin profiling (abstract).Clin Res. 1976; 24: 418A
- Radioimmunoassay of plasma renin activity.in: Semin Nuc Med. 5. 1975: 189
- Use of angiotensinconverting enzyme inhibitor in diagnosis and treatment of hypertension.Clin Sci Molec Med. 1975; 48: 575
- The role of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in cardiovascular homeostasis in normal human subjects.Circulation. 1976; 53: 400
- Inhibition of angiotensin conversion and prevention of renal hypertension.Am J Physiol. 1975; 228: 448
Wallace JM, Case DB, Keim HJ, et al.: The immediate pressor responses to saralasin (in preparation).
Keim HJ, Drayer JI, Case DB, et al.: A role for renin in rebound hypertension and encephalopathy after infusion of Sar1-Ala8-Angiotensin II. N Engl J Med (in press).
- Renin release, saralasin and vasodilator-beta-blocker interaction.N Engl J Med. 1975; 292: 1214
- Hypotension during administration of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor SQ20881.Lancet. 1974; 1: 408
☆This study was supported by Grant HL-18323 from the National Institutes of Health. SQ20881 was supplied by E. R. Squibb & Sons, Inc., Princeton, New Jersey. Saralasin was supplied by Eaton Laboratories, Norwich, New York.