Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- April 7, 1957 (Boston, Massachusetts) Data presented at the Inaugural Meeting of the American Society of Hematology.
- L'acetilcolinesterasi eritrocitaria. II. Rapporti con le malattie emolitiche.Acta med. Patavina (Parma). 1956; 16: 310
- Erythrocyte acetylcholinesterase defect in paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria.J. Clin. Invest. 1958; 37: 900
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria. II. Erythrocyte acetyl-cholinesterase defect.Am. J. Med. 1959; 26: 401
- A Syllabus of Laboratory Examination in Clinical Diagnosis.in: Harvard University Press, Cambridge1952: 168-170
- Clinical Hematology.in: 4th ed. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1956: 647
- Clinical Hematology.in: 4th ed. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1956: 650
- Clinical Hematology.in: 4th ed. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1956: 653
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria. A specific test for the disease based on the ability of thrombin to activate the hemolytic factor.Blood. 1950; 5: 843
- The “heat resistance” of erythrocytes. A specific test for the recognition of Marchiafava's anemia.Am. J. M. Sc. 1944; 207: 624
- A modification of the benzidine method for measurement of hemoglobin in plasma and urine.in: Research Report. Publication 15. Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, D. C1956
- The determination of hemoglobin in minute amounts of blood by Wu's method.J. Biol. Chem. 1931; 92: 589
- Purification of benzidine, and an improved reagent, for estimating hemoglobin in blood.J. Biol. Chem. 1932; 95: 387
- Studies on thrombocytosis. I. Hyperkalemia due to release of potassium from platelets during coagulation.J. Clin. Invest. 1958; 37: 699
- The clotting behavior of human “platelet-free” plasma: evidence for the existence of a “plasma thromboplastin.”.J. Clin. Invest. 1949; 28: 340
- Studies of leukocyte alkaline phosphatase determined by a clinically applicable histochemical method.in: Clin. Res. Proc.2. 1954: 58
- Biochemical studies on leukocytes. II. Phosphatase activity in chronic lymphatic leukemia, acute leukemia, and miscellaneous hematologic conditions.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1951; 38: 245
- Some factors influencing the formation of L.E. cells. A method for enhancing L.E. cell production.Bull. Johns Hopkins Hosp. 1956; 98: 102
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria. Relation of the clinical manifestations to underlying pathogenic mechanisms.Blood. 1953; 8: 769
- Atlas of Men. A Guide to Somatotyping the Adult Male at All Ages. Harper & Brothers, New York1954: 340-350
- Physical growth and form in the American Negro.Anthropol. Anzeiger. 1927; 4: 293
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (Marchiafava-Micheli syndrome).Bull. New England M. Center. 1942; 4: 224
- Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue.C. V. Mosby Co, St. Louis1956
- Anemia hemolitica cronica con hemoglobinuria nocturna paroxistica (enfermedad de Marchiafava Micheli).Rev. med. de Chile. 1950; 78: 735
- Paroxysymal nocturnal hemoglobinuria: report of four cases, with observations on treatment with 3,3′-methylenebis (4-hydroxycoumarin) (dicumarol).Ann. Int. Med. 1955; 93: 1218
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria.Arch. Int. Med. 1957; 99: 202
- Transfusion of saline-washed red cells in nocturnal haemoglobinuria (Marchiafava-Micheli disease).Clin. Sc. 1948; 7: 65
☆This study was supported by Research Grant H-3509 from the Division of Research Grants and Fellowships of the National Institutes of Health, the John A. Hartford Foundation, Inc., New York, New York, and the Brownlee O. Currey Memorial Fund.